TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone had trouble logging in to the Amazon Prime Video app on a Bolt VOX running TE4 (21.9.2.v4-USC-11-849)?

I am 100% certain that I am entering the correct login info. I even went through the password change process in a browser on Amazon.com. I can enter the new password in the browser and watch prime videos in the browser...

But the Bolt still tells me that I am entering the wrong password. Is this a bug?

· Cheesehead
11,782 Posts
Amazon secretly emails you a temp password to use on the TiVo logins...
Yup. e.g. I log in on my tivo/amazon prime app with my email addr and correct password. The app says incorrect. I get an email in my inbox on my pc/phone/whwatever with a one-time password. I then go to the app and login in again with email and one-time password. Bingo, it works and my device gets registered. In the future, if you get logged out on the app, you can login again using your actual amazon password, not the one-time one. Guess it's their version of 2FA.

This is the case for me, anyway, on my TE3 Bolt and Roamio. Don't know if there are any problems related to TE4.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I saw the e-mails with the one time password, but I didn't think of entering it in the password box. I thought they wanted me to reset my password.

Anyway... I finally figured out that if I skip the login and just browse shows... then I can go up to settings and choose to enter the 6-character password that gets generated at Amazon Sign-In

It works fine now.

· Registered
1,744 Posts
I just setup amazon on my new roku, and it is the almost same experience. You type in all your amazon credentials, then it says, well that don't work, why don't you try this other thing instead? At least there was feedback about the other thing on the screen (unlike the tivo amazon app).

· Registered
8,405 Posts
Thanks all. I saw the e-mails with the one time password, but I didn't think of entering it in the password box. I thought they wanted me to reset my password.

Anyway... I finally figured out that if I skip the login and just browse shows... then I can go up to settings and choose to enter the 6-character password that gets generated at Amazon Sign-In

It works fine now.
Yeah, it's puzzling they don't offer the on line sign in from the get go. It's a lot easier than trying to type with a cursor even if that worked.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it's puzzling they don't offer the on line sign in from the get go. It's a lot easier than trying to type with a cursor even if that worked.
I tried entering my login info, changing my password on the website, and doing it over and over and over. Imagine trying to use the on-screen keyboard to enter your login info about 10 times. That's what I went through.

· Registered
1 Posts
"Secret" temporary password is right. There is no mention on the login screen that you need to check your email. And if you don't find it within 10 minutes, it's no longer valid and you have to start over. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be this hard/stupid. Thanks to all who posted the solution here; screaming at the TV did not help at all. ;-)

· Registered
12,357 Posts
I recently changed my Amazon account password and my TiVo (Roamio Pro) never prompted me to re-login with updated password but is still working fine from when I signed in years ago. Kind of disturbing...
I also changed Netflix password and that TiVo app did prompt me to re-login with updated credentials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.