TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going all over town to Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, and everywhere else, If I wanted A network adapter, I had to order it online. After looking at various adapters on Amazon, I decided on an Airlink 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet USB 2.0 adapter. After a week of anxiously waiting, I looked at it and it had two lights on it one labeled power, and the other as link. I plugged everything in to see neither light turn on. I hoped it was the usb port and moved it to the lower one, and the power light went on. I figured the link light would go on once I tried to connect, but no luck. I put it directly into my modem, then I tried to work it through the router, and neither way worked. Any ideas? I hope I didn't waste $20.

I originally posted this in the help forums and someone said to buy a new one as well as mentioned about installing drivers. Could this be easily done?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Just a boring dude
32,107 Posts
Frank784 said:
After going all over town to Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, and everywhere else, If I wanted A network adapter, I had to order it online. After looking at various adapters on Amazon, I decided on an Airlink 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet USB 2.0 adapter. After a week of anxiously waiting, I looked at it and it had two lights on it one labeled power, and the other as link. I plugged everything in to see neither light turn on. I hoped it was the usb port and moved it to the lower one, and the power light went on. I figured the link light would go on once I tried to connect, but no luck. I put it directly into my modem, then I tried to work it through the router, and neither way worked. Any ideas? I hope I didn't waste $20.

I originally posted this in the help forums and someone said to buy a new one as well as mentioned about installing drivers. Could this be easily done?

Thanks,
Frank
Airlink is not supported as far as I know.
The Netgear FA120 works very well and can be found on Ebay for ~15 bucks.

·
Photo Man
285 Posts
Frank784 said:

Thanks,
Frank
Frank,

I would never steer you wrong. :)
You do not want to get into the driver installation thing. Check your Help Forum post for other options at Circuit City, but read the warnings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.