Just a forum newbie question. What does the envelope symbol in the leftmost column signify? Some are red, some blue. And why is mine the only one I see that appears to have a seal over the envelope flap? Does that signify no responses?
Answers:xfm said:Now for my questions:
1) How do the S3/HD units deal with HDMI vs component outputs? Same as HR10? Do they possibly output simultaneously? If an HDMI cable is attached, but not actively transmitting, will the component out work?
2) A more generic HD question: Can a downlink from an OTA antenna be split with a simple high quality RF splitter as with analog cable? I would presume that since OTA is on the UHF band, this would work, but Im trying to avoid surprises.
3) I believe its been established that the S3 works with FIOS, and operability will likely improve by the time I transition, but if anyone has any pearls of wisdom, Im listening.
Appreciate your inputs. Im anxious to get away from D* and back with TiVo. Before my D* days, I had an original 14-hour SA unit and loved it (except for the low capacity).
Thanks A JA J Ricaud said:Answers:
1) HDMI and component are output simultaneously (along w/S-video and composite) on S3s (I don't know about HDs). Some posters say they don't get component if the HDMI connected set is not on. FWIW, I have component going to an older Mitsubishi RPTV and HDMI to a Westinghouse LCD w/o any HDMI handshake problems.
2) Yes, OTA can be split using a RF splitter. Be advised that that a 2 port splitter will reduce the output on each leg by half or more.
3) Unfortunately, I don't have Fios; hopefully next yr.
Do a search for "HDMI and component" (w/o the quotes) in the "search" link at the top of the page, to the right. There are a lot of posts but I don't know what applies to you. Good hunting.xfm said:Thanks A J
Your answer to 1) indicates that there are other posts relating to HDMI/component simultaneous use. Do you have any thread links? I haven't located any relevant posts.