TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does it do the same thing thing with Component Video?

The HDMI on my Premiere went out a while back.

-KP
Interesting you should mention that. I was curious to find out how common this is. I'm just over 5 years on my Premiere XL4 and about a month ago out of the blue could no longer get anything through the HDMI connection. On a "whim" as part of the troubleshooting I connected up component video from the Premiere to my TV and everything showed up again.

Is HDMI failure common on the Premiere?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The TiVo HD had more frequent HDMI failures. weaknees.com has a repair service set up to fix HDMI ports. You could probably contact them to see if they would repair it. But I would test different cables and TVs or monitors first.
Thanks for the pointer to weaknees.com. I may check them out. When I first experienced the issue I did try replacing the cable and trying a different HDMI port on my TV (with no luck). I did not try moving the Premiere to another TV, though. Thanks for the suggestions as they are always appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.