TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XL4, which has admittedly been in use for six years, has begun to show an interesting failure mode: After coming on, and with me able to go through all four available feeds, use the guide, go into My shows, etc., will, if I'm watching live cable feed, intermittently go video blank, and none of the control buttons work. The channel I will be watching will come back, after I get a screen display that it is loading all the channel information. After a bit, the buttons all work again.

Is this a software, TiVo hardware or a cable card issue? Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior before? I have run several of the diagnostics, cable/ethernet feeds all check out fine. Oh, and it DVR's just fine!

TIA for your thoughts on what's happening!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get that "channel loading" screen once the SDV adapter is up and working properly. It also dumps out any previous live buffers for some reason.

So it may be related to an SDV adapter (if you have one) or a cable card.

Edit: I'm on year 6 of my Premiere
That seems to be the issue! Due to our cable provider's locally archaic system, we have to have a A2D converter in line on the video feed to the TiVo. A reboot of that seems to have cured the problem. At least for now!

Given the costs these days of the "Kind-of-Sort-of" For Life (Of the box) service, I'm happy it's still getting along. I'd love it if TiVo offered cloud storage for emergency back-up.

As always, this community always provides some great insights into any issue!

Best regards,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.