TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
1) There's very little reason to by anything other than a 40 hour TiVo. A 40hr Tivo will only have the capicuty for about 12hrs at "best" quality. It's much cheaper to upgrade it yourself if you want more capacity. Why spend $150 on an 80hr unit when you get a 40 hr for $50 and a 250GB HD to upgrade with for less than $100 and increse the capacity to over 300hrs (85hrs at best quality)

2) get the factory-renewed one.

3) That all depends on which recording quality was used and the type of network - wired, wireless G, wireless B.

4) As far as reliability is concerned, they're all the same.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
melfank said:
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the 240 and 540 are "model" numbers and 140 is the number of hours of recordable time, as opposed to the 40 or 80 hour recorders. So I think the confusion was that you were asking about hrs on a post that was talking about Model numbers. So I don't think the "concept" was difficult, if you were talking about the same thing but I dont' think you were.
Wrong!
TCD140060 (as seen in my sig) aka the 140

My explaination that you quoted even states that we are talking about model numbers and that HD size isn't relevant to the discussion.

Try to keep up. This ended weeks ago.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
You asked for a correction if you were wrong and you got one. Quit whining about it.
melfank said:
As the other guy stated your question just didn't make sense,
"how are the 140 models in this respect?

How does this not make sense when the subject being discussed is how the USB chip sets affect CPU usage and transfer times in the 540 and 240 models?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.