TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
for a show recorded at the high setting on a wired network it is about real time transfer on a wired network and a little more on a wireless network.
60 minute show = 60 minute transfer. You can batch them up though and let them run over night.

there is an older 240 model that has better USB chipset that doesn ot relay as much on the CPU for doing transfers. the current 540 model uses more CPU resources for its cheaper USB chipset and thus is slower at transfers. You will not find 240 models in stores anymore, but may come across them on ebay.

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
Stanley Rohner said:
On a wired network my 1 hour highest quality recordings take about 1:30 - 2:00 hours to transfer to my PC.

I've never seen anything transfer in real time(1hour show transfering to the PC in 1 hour).
there afre 4 settings - basic, medium, high, best - I was referring to the third setting of High. On my 32 inch TV I so not see a perceptible difference bewteen high setting and best setting. Do not see it on the PC monitor or my smartphon as well.

I use medium for things like talk shows or game shows - Those transfer at better than real time but I only did that as a test a while back as I don ot TTG those shows usually.

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
melfank said:
Well....thank you so much for making my first post here such an enjoyable one. I was just trying to help out. I said I as willing to be wrong, but you didn't need to shout it. Also I think it is ironic that your last statement was that this ended weeks ago. I think you should look in the mirror and figure out who can't let it end, geesh get a grip on that hostility...

As the other guy stated your question just didn't make sense, I should have taken a queue from your response to that question that you weren't the most pleasant person in the world. Cheer up!!
the 140 did come up in relation to model numbers, and classicsat did acknowledege that. I have no idea why mick66 was in such a bad mood when replying (Disclaimer - I have been in same said bad mood when replying sometimes - no stone casting by me ;) )

that out of the way - classicsat was wrong in his look at the model 140 vs 540.

the 140 model came out before the 240 for a short lived period. One difference I know about is that the 140 has USB 1.1 hardware in it and that will be NOTICEABLY slower than a 540 or 240 model.

The 240 model in fact is more or less the same as the 140 but it has USB 2.0 hardware. I personally would not get a 140 model.
the 540 came out more recently and was designed solely to save on maufacturing costs, thus it has the cheaper USB hardware that has to rely on the CPU to support the USB processing.

that is all that is in that story, no need for a fuss about it.

PS - I have a Toshiba RS TX20 that has worked very well for me (it has same transfer speed as a 540 model) and is in fact basically a 540 with a DVD added in, but with slightly better parts as specced by Toshiba. I maybe burn 3 DVDs a month on it though and have seen reports of people who burn more frequently running into porblems - I would not call the reports widespread however

check the TiVo with DVD forum here for more info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.