TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Statistical outlier
17,125 Posts
Anyone else think it's ridiculous to give those two even MORE airtime? :rolleyes:

unicorngoddess said:
And then later to learn that her family raised pit bulls. Yeah, Drew was right...she's not gonna like him when she gets out.
I just KNEW one of them would say that as soon as the question was revealed.

"This is Amber's cousin, whom she hasn't seen in over nine weeks. So how often do you see your cousin?"

"Oh, about twice a year."

:rolleyes:

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
The girl at the start of the show was pretty damn hot.
Funny that she dropped her boyfriend for her dad and then missed the question.

Nothing very interesting tonight...I don't watch BB, and contestants dropped like flies.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I felt bad for the first girl... what was it, 3% she missed by?

As for the BB8 contestants... I'm glad amber went up... her stupid comments made it that much better...

On the bb side of things... the quote was:

" Do you really think he's hosting the PIR" ?

"nope"

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
TIVO_GUY_HERE said:
If I was in the audience, I would of yelled out "Erics America's player!!" lol
I thought the same thing - I would have thought someone would have tried to say something - did anyone else notice they seemed to be wearing headphones when they walked in? I wondered if that was to prevent them from hearing anything from anyone like that?

·
Bal'more Hon
110 Posts
Isn't it a little early in the show to start bringing out pseudo-celebrity players? I'd much rather watch "real people" playing than those reality show bimbos any day.

Drew can improvise with the best of 'em though, he's got the Game Show Host Gift alright!

·
Wooooonicorngodess
11,247 Posts
Mr. Happypants said:
Isn't it a little early in the show to start bringing out pseudo-celebrity players? I'd much rather watch "real people" playing than those reality show bimbos any day.

Drew can improvise with the best of 'em though, he's got the Game Show Host Gift alright!
Well, they're both CBS shows and for CBS it was just a way to get higher ratings by getting BB viewers to watch the show.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I think it has to do with not having to be a brainiac geek to win something of value - or to follow along and be entertained (see "Wheel of Fortune"). I would imagine it's a broader appeal to the American TV audience. Me, I prefer the brianiac geek game shows - oh, and "Whose Line"! :)

·
postcrastinator
4,512 Posts
jrinck said:
This show is just another guessing game like Deal or No Deal is.

It amazes me how these shows can be so popular when there is no amount of skill required to play.
I wouldn't put it on the same level as the completely unskilled, wild-guessing-game as "Deal or No Deal" or "Set for Life", because you have to try to think your way through your response in "Power of Ten". But, since it's based on opinion polls, it's less based on facts and more on intuition, so there is a large amount of guessing involved in coming up with an answer.
Has the new "Price is Right" started airing yet? I heard Drew Carrey actually injured himself during a taping of one of the segments. And are the prizes doled out the same way as for the Bob Barker version of the show, or have they upped the ante to the standard million dollar prizes of the evening guessing gameshows?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.