TiVo Community Forum banner

Where do you stand with Tivo?

• I still use it actively as my primary DVR

Votes: 172 71.1%
  • I still have a Tivo recording shows but it’s not my primary DVR

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • I still have a Tivo but it’s gathering dust

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • I have moved onto another hardware DVR solution like Channels DVR or equivalent

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • I have moved on to a cloud DVR service like YouTube TV / Hulu Live

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • I am full streaming using Apple TV / Roku or equivalent

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Something else - leave a comment to explain

Votes: 8 3.3%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Finally an Avatar!
5,413 Posts
I believe the hard drive has died on my Roamio Pro as of this morning. I will have Weaknees attempt to fix it and if that doesn't work, I will buy an Edge on the Black Friday sale. I do have the Xfinity X1 box but I hate it (it's not a TiVo) and use it for only onbe thing - to watch Yellowstone.

Researching the Edge, I see references to the Live Guide v. the Grid Guide. I can't seem to find the difference.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,413 Posts
Oh that doesn't give me hope at all. I'm in Marietta. We're clutching to our TiVo as long as we can. In fact, mine just gave me the "serious error." I sent it to WeaKnees so they could replace the hard drive without me needing to get another TiVo (TiVo would've given me a refurb). I didn't want the serial number to be different and require me to call Xfinity to pair the CableCARD again.

So your CableCARD is basically useless now?
This is my situation today. I am sending my Roamio to Weaknees and I am really, really hoping they can replace the hard drive. I would rather they fix it but wouldn't have minded buying an Edge if it wasn't for the cablecard issue now. I have an Xfinity X1 but I HATE it. I want my TiVo!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts