TiVo Community Forum banner

Where do you stand with Tivo?

• I still use it actively as my primary DVR

Votes: 172 71.1%
  • I still have a Tivo recording shows but it’s not my primary DVR

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • I still have a Tivo but it’s gathering dust

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • I have moved onto another hardware DVR solution like Channels DVR or equivalent

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • I have moved on to a cloud DVR service like YouTube TV / Hulu Live

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • I am full streaming using Apple TV / Roku or equivalent

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Something else - leave a comment to explain

Votes: 8 3.3%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,169 Posts
I’m not clear on what primary DVR means — what’s used to record and watch what was record, or the primary device used for viewing content including live TV? I still watch mostly live TV and channel surf, so I use my TiVo for that so I picked I still use it as my primary DVR. But for watching things later, I try to use the streaming apps or Channels DVR as much as I can. I only use TiVo to watch recordings not available through those options.
It says "Primary DVR", so I would think you would categorize yourself as: "I have moved onto another hardware DVR solution like Channels DVR or equivalent". I really don't even see live TV as an option. It is a good question! By default, the TiVo is showing live TV when not playing back recordings. :unsure:

· Registered
2,169 Posts
I have recently switched to TIVOTV because I moved and internet is included and can't use anything like Spectrum and thus TIVO. I think it is terrible compared to TIVO not worth the money saved. It has so few actual features and so it records every episode of every show even if you don't want to. I hope it gets a lot better but not much hope in short run
Are you referring to Youtube TV on a TiVo Stream 4K possibly? If so, it's really hard to compare that TV viewing experience to a true TiVo DVR, but I fault TiVo for their branding decision on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts