TiVo Community Forum banner

Where do you stand with Tivo?

• I still use it actively as my primary DVR

Votes: 172 71.4%
  • I still have a Tivo recording shows but it’s not my primary DVR

Votes: 27 11.2%
  • I still have a Tivo but it’s gathering dust

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • I have moved onto another hardware DVR solution like Channels DVR or equivalent

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • I have moved on to a cloud DVR service like YouTube TV / Hulu Live

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • I am full streaming using Apple TV / Roku or equivalent

Votes: 23 9.5%
  • Something else - leave a comment to explain

Votes: 8 3.3%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I’m mainly using TiVo still just because I had lifetime service on the type of Bolt that could do either antenna or cable. I dropped cable about a year ago and hired Dish Network’s antenna install business to do a good rooftop install since indoor antennas weren’t doing very well. Antenna reception is pretty reliable most of the time now.

I haven’t missed cable at all because of the antenna recordings but mostly because I’ve always found good deals on most of the major streaming services. My wife and kids exclusively use AppleTV boxes for streaming services and almost never use the TiVo so if that ever stops working, I think Channels DVR would be my #1 preference so we can just watch everything on one box with the Channels app on AppleTV.

It’s quite frustrating and sad to see how the Bolt that was billed as an all-in-one box has had its streaming app support neglected to the point that a loyal customer like me is ready to move on. I’ve had TiVo ever since I had a Sony-branded first gen box (other than a frustrating few years with DIRECTV).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts