TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pass the gravy!
16,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know if there was any closure after watching all 13 episodes.

I felt the series started off very slow but picked up considerably as the show went on. By the time it was cancelled I was enjoying it immensely.

If there was some closure I'd pick up the DVDs. If there wasn't I don't want to waste my time.

·
Banned
2,442 Posts
on the dvds there are 5 unaired episodes, I have not watched them yet.

·
No Pop Culture Here.
720 Posts
I didn't know there were 13 finalized episodes. I only remember when getting the axe from FOX, the creators just stopped working on an episode, instead of finishing it up, and they moved on. I'm surprised (but not really) there's a dvd set, would love to hear commentary on the "final" ep.

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
I'd pop the last 2 (you need disc 2 for one of the 5) discs into my Netflix queue to watch the last 5 episodes, if only someone would post here is at least some of the threads are resolved first.

I have no interest in watching 5 more eps and being John Doe'd again.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
from a netflix reviewer:

This series would have gotten a four star review from me, except for the sad fact that it simply doesn't have an ending. I understand that shows can be canned on short notice, and it takes a lot of money to shoot an episode. In my opinion, however, it's a bit unethical to rent/sell a box set of a series that is incomplete. The final episode (no spoilers) leaves a number of loose ends that were clearly meant to provide a starting point for a second season. It would have been nice for the network to pony up the dough for even a fifteen-minute "wrap-up" bonus feature if they expected consumers to pony up the dough for the box set, but no such luck. It can be argued, perhaps, that the crux of the series is about a choice, and that the choice does in fact get made by the end of the last episode, but this is an oversimplification and leaves the viewer far from satisfied. To its credit, there is a lot going on in this series, and it deserved a proper conclusion. If you can live with that, and you won't feel cheated of your time and money, then by all means, give this a look. The dialogue is witty and refreshingly realistic, the plot twists are well done, the evil guys are believably wicked, there are some genuinely spooky and intense moments, and the conflict in the main character seems genuine right up until the last episode, where it becomes a little bit forced. To sum it up, it's "O.C. meets The Omen." There is an element of the "who's sleeping with who" factor that only occasionally distracts from the show's strengths. Everyone is also rich, except for The Poor Kid. And naturally, a lot of time is spent at the beach. If I thought that brisk DVD sales would lead to the show's return, I'd heartily encourage you to buy Point Pleasant, as I'd really enjoy another season of it. As that seems unlikely, consider yourself duly warned that this promising package is marred by the lack of a conclusion.
However from this review I can't tell if the reviewer watched the extra 5 episodes or not.

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
Well, that saved me about 4 hours of viewing.

I'm unsure if I'll invest them toward world peace, curing cancer or my new Seaquest DSV DVDs.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
amazon also has a lot of reviews but still haven't found anything concrete other than:

The show's second major flaw was the pacing. The show started off very slowly, with the focus clumsily shifting between different characters. Luckily, this was resolved by episode five, at which point things started moving comfortably. Unfortunately, again, the pacing flaws returned during the last two episodes when the writers tried to cram too much into each episode. This is however somewhat understandable, given the fact that the show had been cancelled and they only had a few episodes left in which to resolve the story.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...omer-reviews.sort_by=-SubmissionDate&n=507846

·
Registered
493 Posts
i pitty your soul if you actually bought the dvd set of a unfinished season 1 show ...

nothing like helping the networks screwing viewers by paying more money to them..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts