TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently looked into the podcaster on TiVo and found a few RSS Links that will work.

Can anyone share some interesting podcast RSS Links that will work on TiVo? :up:

Also, How about adding Video Podcasts to TiVo?

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can't do podcasts without the Ricky Gervais podcast. The wisdom of Karl Pilkington will astound you. It's available from www.rickygervais.com.

Also, I like Dave's Lounge for trip-hop and downtempo music.

FYI You also have the option of serving podcasts from your PC to a networked TiVo. I do it by using TiVo Desktop to select the My Received Podcasts folder on my computer. I actually have never experimented with the playback control -- Dave's post suggests that you need another application to do rewind and FF -- but playing straight through certainly works like a charm.

·
Funkadelic
3,527 Posts
padmalinowski said:
I actually have never experimented with the playback control -- Dave's post suggests that you need another application to do rewind and FF -- but playing straight through certainly works like a charm.
If you manually download and populate .mp3 podcasts it's probably like any other audio file served through TiVo Desktop. Galleon will actually go out and grab your favorite podcasts so they're ready for you and give you fine control. The details are described here: http://galleon.tv/content/view/19/40/

It's not as direct as using TiVo's new app, but if you're really into podcasts you might appreciate the features.

As far as podcast suggestions, I listen to Engadget... but I'm probably biased. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.