TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 80 hr Series 2 model 240 with Lifetime Service. I am occasionally getting a message when I try to go into the Guide that I need to activate my Tivo. If I do a restart everything is fine for a few days and then I get the message again. Is this a sign that my hard drive is failing? If so, can I upgrade to a 160 hr drive without a problem. I was going to take advantage of the lifetime transfer that ended on Monday but I was out of town and forgot to do it before I left. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Try this first. Unplug the unit, then pull the access card and clean the contacts. Then reinstall the card and re-power the TiVo.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
JimSpence said:
Try this first. Unplug the unit, then pull the access card and clean the contacts. Then reinstall the card and re-power the TiVo.
If only the 240 S2 models had an access card. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the time it is making daily connections. This is a sporadic problem that has happened a few times in the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
rscar627 said:
Most of the time it is making daily connections. This is a sporadic problem that has happened a few times in the last couple weeks.
Weird, if there is nothing out of normal in the TiVo's "System Information" page you probably should check your account status at Manage My Account or contact TiVo directly.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
I would be calling Tivo and talking to Tech Support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts