TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one channel: 24-1, RF 33, 587mhz which gets a weird line of shifted blocking several times per hour. Not enough to be a problem, just enough to be annoying. The signal is solid at 72% / 29DB with 0 RS Uncorrected and 0 RS Corrected. I will admit the antenna is completely oversized for the application - Tower is 19.7 miles away and using a HD8200U. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should investigate? Is the source of the problem at the tower and I'm wasting my time investigating my end?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks phone man. I found this other post describing my exact issue Problem receiving KVUE in metro Austin area - TV Fool
So for those counting it's 4 years later and the station is still broadcasting the same issue that affects a small number of tuners. Evidently the Tivo Roamio is affected.

***Yes, it's most likely a KVUE transmitter problem. It is caused by a momentary overload of the linearity correction sample amplifier. The Harris Apex exciter takes a new sample every 30-31 seconds. The solution is to add a 6 db attenuator to the sample input.***

My way of verifying was to record the same show on 2 different Tivo Roamio's using 2 different antennas in 2 completely different locations... and the pixelation occurs on both recorded shows at the same exact time. That was my very basic way to verify it was in the broadcast and not on my end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like a good method to pinpoint the problem. Hope knocking down the signal 6dB doesn't affect any weaker channels you receive. Curious if your TV tuner reacts the same way. I split the signal for our living room television. One direct to the TV tuner and the other to the Tivo Premiere. Good for trouble shooting reception issues if any, and for when both Tivo tuners are busy I can still watch something else. Three different televisions over 10 years and all with pretty much equal sensitivity as the Premiere tuners. A lightly used Roamio is on it's way and I'm curious to see how it compares. Anyway glad to hear you sorted out your reception issue with KVUE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.