TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· wait.. I did what?
15,345 Posts
That's really too bad, in the article it mentions her BF killed himself a few months earlier, I can't even imagine what that would be like to experience.

I can't even fathom it, but I know it happens.

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Well, I never actually watched this show, but it says the boyfriend committed suicide about two months ago. Wouldn't that have been long after the show had finished taping? Or was this shown closer to real-time, unlike Survivor?

· All About Footwork
29,799 Posts
jeff125va said:
Well, I never actually watched this show, but it says the boyfriend committed suicide about two months ago. Wouldn't that have been long after the show had finished taping? Or was this shown closer to real-time, unlike Survivor?
my guess is that there's a lot of publicity stuff they have to do...many of the Survivor folks talk about becoming real friends "on the tour" so to speak as they go around promoting the show and doing interviews...maybe he was upset she wasn't around enough...that can put a strain on any relationship...

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,015 Posts
Is it possible that because the show has been pulled from the air, she's not getting the money from the show that she originally thought she was going to, and had racked up a bunch of debt in reliance on it?

· All About Footwork
29,799 Posts
DevdogAZ said:
Is it possible that because the show has been pulled from the air, she's not getting the money from the show that she originally thought she was going to, and had racked up a bunch of debt in reliance on it?
I don't think so...she's not an actor, she's a contestant...whatever money she was going to get, she got...

now maybe she was counting on money from appearance fees and being a celebrity...that's a different story...

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,015 Posts
Anubys said:
I don't think so...she's not an actor, she's a contestant...whatever money she was going to get, she got...
I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure that if the show doesn't air, the prizes don't get paid. Not sure what happens if the show only air part of its run. I'm assuming that if they pull it before the major prize is awarded, the prize does not have to be paid.

· Registered
13,948 Posts
I wondered about whether the prize money gets paid out too.

On this show there is an added wrinkle, since a lot of the prize money is in those treasures and it's already been disbursed and reshuffled as the game goes along. Unless all those "gold coins" are worthless plastic and they must be exchanged with CBS for real money after the show aired or something? But the text said that people who were set adrift would get to keep what they had amassed so far . . . somehow it seems more complicated than just not writing a big check at the end.

· Un-Registered User
12,275 Posts
I heard about Cheryl's suicide, about a week ago. But I didn't say anything because It might be a false rumor because there were no specific date when she died also didn't mentioned in newspaper nor news. The rumor were spread in several forums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.