TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
pcguru83 said:
But I agree, as compelling as it was, I'm really surprised she didn't go through with the vote she promised--especially since she so emphatically insisted to the camera that she would be true to her vote if bought.
She told them she could be bought... did they pay her anything? I thought she implied she wanted some $$$, but didn't they just keep her from getting a black spot and expected her to vote as they (the triad) wished?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I came up with what I thought was a pretty good idea, and I'm surprised they didn't try it...

Before the red vs. black competition they pretty much ALL wanted a new captain...So, why not all agree that whichever of the women ended up on the black team ensure that the black team doesn't win the competition? All they had to do was basically refuse to run anywhere, or help row the boat. The remaining members of the red team would, of course, promise to include them in dividing up the winnings...Done deal, no?

-Kevin

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
twm01 said:
She told them she could be bought... did they pay her anything? I thought she implied she wanted some $$$, but didn't they just keep her from getting a black spot and expected her to vote as they (the triad) wished?
Good point, I think you're right. I don't recall ever seeing money change hands. But they did still agree to not black spot her. But even that doesn't mean much, it was honestly in their strategic advantage to not black spot her.

·
Registered
34 Posts
KevinG said:
I came up with what I thought was a pretty good idea, and I'm surprised they didn't try it...

Before the red vs. black competition they pretty much ALL wanted a new captain...So, why not all agree that whichever of the women ended up on the black team ensure that the black team doesn't win the competition? All they had to do was basically refuse to run anywhere, or help row the boat. The remaining members of the red team would, of course, promise to include them in dividing up the winnings...Done deal, no?

-Kevin
Yeah, that would be a good move, but it would require everyone to be smart and for a person to stick their neck out to suggest it. Of all the seasons of Survivor, there has probably been 3 or 4 instances where a brilliant move was made by a larger group of people. This is the first season where I'm not sure the contestants know what's in store for them in the future. I'm not going to hope for any good strategic moves from this bunch.

Mark

·
wait.. I did what?
14,598 Posts
nataylor said:
Why is everyone clean-shaven when they show them being cut adrift. Wow, that's bad continuity. They must have decided to film those scenes after the show was completed.
Totally with you on that, I noticed with Shawn, and now Joe Don, and for me it makes it a very clear "hey we're manipulating you" moment (yes I know they always are manipulating me.. but it's not always this obvious)

Diane

·
oldweakandpathetic
21,472 Posts
pcguru83 said:
Good point, I think you're right. I don't recall ever seeing money change hands. But they did still agree to not black spot her. But even that doesn't mean much, it was honestly in their strategic advantage to not black spot her.
The deal as I understood it was no black spot for Kendra = Kendra votes with the boys. I don't recall any mention of money, but she definitely promised Jay.

But that was a strong appeal Joe Don made to her. That was nicely done if those were actually his words.

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
Man, it's going to be a struggle, man, with Joe Don gone, man. Man, he was a strong competitor, man. But, man, that was a nice kiss with Nessa at the end, man.
I thought Louie's appeal was better.
I agree with some others, still, that Jay is playing the best game.
I hope they break up the "Triad" soon, because they'll dominate if left together.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
MasterOfPuppets said:
I hope they break up the "Triad" soon, because they'll dominate if left together.
It's for that very reason I hope they don't break them up. I think it would be refreshing to see a group of people on a reality show actually come up with an intelligent idea and then follow through.

But yeah, Jay FTW.

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
pcguru83 said:
It's for that very reason I hope they don't break them up. I think it would be refreshing to see a group of people on a reality show actually come up with an intelligent idea and then follow through.

But yeah, Jay FTW.
I dunno...I think that the "form an alliance early" strategy is among the most obvious things to do on one of these reality shows. I'm still stupified that people go on those shows and don't bother to align with others.
I'd prefer to see an intelligent plan formed on the fly once a twist is thrown at you.
Jay FTW...Azmyth has played a solid game as well, but being the captain for an extended period of time really isn't going to make you a huge amount of friends.
Jupiter seems to be aligning herself with the captain and officers, which I think is a smart move, but she did alienate herself from the other women by refusing to do a mutiny.
Louie is easily the most popular person left, but he's outside the core alliance.
Laurel...well, see my comment above about people not aligning with anyone.
Chritsa...hot...strong competitor...but I'm always leary of people that don't get much camera time.
Nessa...also hot...but she's alienated from the core alliance moreso than anyone else and in trouble without Joe Don.
Ben...probably the least interesting member of the core alliance...hasn't been seen on camera doing much of anything.
Kendra...nothing left to offer since she's a weak competitor and went back on her word about voting against Joe Don...I doubt Louie appreciates the vote against him.

·
All About Footwork
31,941 Posts
MasterOfPuppets said:
Man, it's going to be a struggle, man, with Joe Don gone, man. Man, he was a strong competitor, man. But, man, that was a nice kiss with Nessa at the end, man.
yep...drove me crazy how he talked...

I knew JD was done once they showed us Kendra's card with Louie's name on it (as she was putting it on the sword)...

·
Go Pats!
9,595 Posts
Didn't catch it during this ep (I was sleepy), but did in the recap prior to the 7/17 episode, but Joe Don's set adrift shot proved even more so than already discussed that they filmed the cast adrift footage well ahead of time, as Joe Don did not have the scruff on him that he now does.......

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
You know, I've noticed those things, but I haven't figured out yet if it was filmed beforehand or afterwards. I thought they did "post expulsion" interviews like on Survivor, but I didn't pay enough attention to the grooming to tell when they filmed what.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.