TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure didn't see Joe Don going--I thought for sure Louie was a goner. Good episode though, the wife and I are still loving this show for some reason.

Looks like whoever called the previously booted pirates returning nailed it. "Ghosts of their past" must certainly be those previously voted off.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JnApop said:
I'd like to see brains win out over braun once in a while. :)
Which will eventually happen to the "Triage". Let's face it, Jay is running that group.

Can't wait until the next episode.
I think you meant "triad", not "triage"--a way of classifying sick patients. :p

You're right about Jay though, he is the real man behind the curtain. He has shown great strategy throughout the competition, and because of that he's probably my favorite and my pick to win it all.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JnApop said:
Actually, I did mean "triage". :) That is what one of the contestants called the three of them in an earlier episode. Can't remember who, but it cracked me up at the time. :)

Jay would be my favorite at this point to win as well. Good Call!
Ha! :D You know, now that you mention it, I remember that. I totally missed your dig on them with the quotes. Sorry about that. :eek:

I'm very curious to see how next week is going to work. How's the next person going to be eliminated?

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ruth said:
I can't believe the captain/officers are playing games related to starving the crew while they are eating well. Allocating money to yourself is one thing, but I think everyone should be entitled to eat a reasonable amount of balanced food. I mean that is a basic human right. Taking bigger portions would be one thing, but only giving the crew tiny bowls of gruel while you are eating huge plates of omelettes and vegetables? That really turned me off. What a bunch of asshats.
I have the exactly opposite outlook. It's a game, and they are trying to win. I'm pulling for the black crew since they have finally shown some strategy in this thing. Kudos to them.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
macquariumguy said:
I can't believe Kendra didn't stay bought. The other 3 girls are going to compare notes and soon Jay and the Triad will know that Kendra voted for Louie. Bad girl, bad!
You have to admit though, Joe Don made a pretty compelling argument when he brought up how he "saved" her during the swim to shore.

But I agree, as compelling as it was, I'm really surprised she didn't go through with the vote she promised--especially since she so emphatically insisted to the camera that she would be true to her vote if bought.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
twm01 said:
She told them she could be bought... did they pay her anything? I thought she implied she wanted some $$$, but didn't they just keep her from getting a black spot and expected her to vote as they (the triad) wished?
Good point, I think you're right. I don't recall ever seeing money change hands. But they did still agree to not black spot her. But even that doesn't mean much, it was honestly in their strategic advantage to not black spot her.

·
RIP Misty
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
MasterOfPuppets said:
I hope they break up the "Triad" soon, because they'll dominate if left together.
It's for that very reason I hope they don't break them up. I think it would be refreshing to see a group of people on a reality show actually come up with an intelligent idea and then follow through.

But yeah, Jay FTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.