TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
I thought Louie was a goner for sure! I think that was a poor choice by the crew . . . .

I am liking Christa for the win. At some point, there is going to be a shift in power or a switch to an individual immunity type of system. At that point I think all the triad members are in big trouble. Christa seems like the strongest woman, and she doesn't seem to be making any waves or enemies. She's also not getting much airtime, leading me to believe she lasts for a while.

I thought Kendra also played smart with her wheeling and dealing.

I can't believe the captain/officers are playing games related to starving the crew while they are eating well. Allocating money to yourself is one thing, but I think everyone should be entitled to eat a reasonable amount of balanced food. I mean that is a basic human right. Taking bigger portions would be one thing, but only giving the crew tiny bowls of gruel while you are eating huge plates of omelettes and vegetables? That really turned me off. What a bunch of asshats.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
sketcher said:
They're pirates! What do basic human rights have to do with anything?
But they aren't pirates. They are TV show contestants. And if they were really pirates, I am guessing they would all get to eat, since they would be working together in sailing the ship and doing piratey things. I just think starving your competition is cruel and dangerous. I wouldn't stoop to that level.

I did think making Louie and Joe Don do extra ship chores to tire them out was good strategic play. Trying to starve the crew was just over my line.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
sketcher said:
Do you watch Survivor? Do you have issues with them starving? Mark Burnett could certainly make sure they "eat a reasonable amount of balanced food" if he wanted to. I have much more heartburn over the lack of potable water at the beginning of each Survivor season than I do the lack of food.
I may not have been clear -- my problem isn't with the overall subsistance level in which the contestants are asked to live. I have no problem with that; they signed up for it. My problem is when a group of people is being asked to survive together in those conditions and a subset of the group decides that they are unwilling to share what small rations they do have with others for gamey reasons.

I do watch Survivor. On the few occiasions where the contestants have tried to deny food or water to other contestants for alliance-based, strategic reasons, I have had a huge problem with it, yes. (I am not counting challenge wins or extra bonuses that they are not permitted to share -- I am talking about, so-and-so is in our tribe but not in our alliance, so let's not give them any fish.) I just think when you are living together in a group there is a basic human level where you should try and make sure everyone gets adequate food, water, and medical care, instead of withholding those things from people for personal gain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.