TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sadara said:
I keep thinking that these expeditions should have two different routes.... one for the red team, one for the black team, then they meet up at the final point where the treasure is. This way one team cannot cheat off the other team. Had this been the case last night, I have no doubt that the red team would have won it.
I don't think so. The black team was the first team to the cannon area. After they found their clue, they moved away from that area to read it (so the red team couldn't "cheat" off of them) and could no longer see the beach down below to see the big "X". If there had been two routes, they wouldn't have had to move away to read it and would have spotted the big "X" right away and would have beat the red team down there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ruth said:
But they aren't pirates. They are TV show contestants. And if they were really pirates, I am guessing they would all get to eat, since they would be working together in sailing the ship and doing piratey things. I just think starving your competition is cruel and dangerous. I wouldn't stoop to that level.

I did think making Louie and Joe Don do extra ship chores to tire them out was good strategic play. Trying to starve the crew was just over my line.
Do you watch Survivor? Do you have issues with them starving? Mark Burnett could certainly make sure they "eat a reasonable amount of balanced food" if he wanted to. I have much more heartburn over the lack of potable water at the beginning of each Survivor season than I do the lack of food.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ruth said:
I may not have been clear -- my problem isn't with the overall subsistance level in which the contestants are asked to live. I have no problem with that; they signed up for it. My problem is when a group of people is being asked to survive together in those conditions and a subset of the group decides that they are unwilling to share what small rations they do have with others for gamey reasons.

I do watch Survivor. On the few occiasions where the contestants have tried to deny food or water to other contestants for alliance-based, strategic reasons, I have had a huge problem with it, yes. (I am not counting challenge wins or extra bonuses that they are not permitted to share -- I am talking about, so-and-so is in our tribe but not in our alliance, so let's not give them any fish.) I just think when you are living together in a group there is a basic human level where you should try and make sure everyone gets adequate food, water, and medical care, instead of withholding those things from people for personal gain.
As you may have guessed, I don't have a problem with it. It's all part of the game. It seems like it would be less disagreeable than dropping a pile of branches on the other team's heads during a challenge.

Oh, well. To each their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.