TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I own a Pioneer DVR810H with a lifetime Tivo subscription.
If I upgrade the 80 hr hard drive to something larger, will I lose the lifetime subscription? I'm not sure where Tivo pulls the ID from.
If I can upgrade the machine, does anyone have any suggestions as to what and how?
Sorry if the answers are alredy somewhere in the forum. I searched bu couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Jonathan

·
DVD TiVo Expert
568 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I own several of these TiVos as well, most with LifeTime subscriptions. And I've upgraded the hard drives, too. See my sig below.

So, to answer your questions:

Nope, you will not lose your lifetime sub. TiVo pulls the ID from the motherboard in the machine. There is a chip somewhere that has the info.

To upgrade the hard drive, check out the Upgrade forum here. I suggest going to mfslive.org . Or check out weaknees.com. You download a CD disc image (.iso) and create a boot CD. Then put your pioneer drive and a blank drive into a computer and execute the right command. The website has a command generator to help you.

No problem asking. Someone is bound to point you in the right direction, if you ask nice. :)

Hope that helps,
robomeister

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.