TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile ago I was considering buying a Tivo/DVD recorder and was contemplating the Pioneer 810H. I cannot find that this model is still made by Pioneer, am I incorrect?

If not, what would be recommended as a comparable replacement? Fast TIVO to DVD burning time is a factor for me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Toboggan noggin
17,661 Posts
I've been using it stock and had no problems with it, except for the sound occasionally not outputting, and it not outputting correctly on coax. However, I did get a display model.

As for the space issue, before TTG, I just burned to DVD shows that I didn't have time to watch atm. Worked great for when I had to travel for work. Now I mostly archive them to the 200G drive I have on my comp, but that's getting full, so I'm having to decide wether to watch more or start burning dvd's again.

·
Trust no 1
69 Posts
Question:

I love my 810H, but find the picture to be less than great--especially on a 60" display... consequently I have to record everything on the highest quality setting, which only gives me about 14 hours of record time. I know that there was a class action suit about the picture quality, but am not sure about the outcome...

Does anyone know the scoop on if the Toshiba or Humax has better record quality?

·
Coming and going
2,824 Posts
I have the toshiba but kept my Pioneer hooked up to my larger TV so I can not comment... I suggest using caliberation software to clean up your Picture...... I used Video Essentials with my 810H and it helped.

·
All Your Base
13 Posts
Another good calibration DVD is Avia Guide to Home Theater. I'd post a link, but since this is my first post, it won't let me make links. You can look it up on Amazon.

I recently bought an 810H used, and I'm wondering about upgrading the hard drive. If I decide to do that, will I be able to do so with the instructions written by Hinsdale?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.