My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have searched but not found an answer for this specifically.
My hacks got wiped out a few months ago when my HR10-250 got the 6.3d upgrade from DTV. I finally got around to setting up the box again for all of my hacks including tytool (tytompg) and TWP. I've tried to reestablish telnet service for the last few days to no avail. Here are the details:
1. I can ping to the tivo but I cannot telnet or ftp.
2. I used PTVUpgrade's LBA48 CD v4.01 (with enhancements) to load a 3.1.5 kernel that has had killhdinitrd applied.
3. The IP address, subnet mask, and gateway are correct (they work on my other Tivo which of course has only a different IP address but the rest is the same).
4. This is the rc.sysinit.author script I am using (from MarkZ's "Newbie Guide to the HR10-250 Updated" over at DDB). Initially I had incorrectly used the script for 3.1.5. (The IP info in this script is for my network)
echo "Starting rc.sysinit.author"
#export list... I'm not sure what's really needed here
export PS1='\h:\w$ '
#this sets up the ip address for the next boot cycle
#syntax: netconfig.tcl IPaddress SubnetMask Gateway DNSServer
/etc/rc.d/netconfig.tcl 172.16.1.201 255.255.0.0 172.16.0.1 172.16.0.1
echo "Ran netconfig"
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
4. I checked the kernel log and verified that rc.sysinit.author ran.
5. I did reboot the Tivo so that the network settings would take hold.
6. I don't have serial bash access right now but I've ordered the cable for it.
7. My adapter is a Linksys USB200M and the lights are on and flickering.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I've been banging my head on this for way too many hours now. I'm probably missing something very obvious...