TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Steve,

Do you have any idea how to find out if my area is close enough to receive OTA HD? A website perhaps, with ZIP CODE that could estimate receiving radius? If you're near flawless OTA vs. DirecTV HD - it would be worth looking into.

Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
The nice thing is it also shows you what antenna you should get via the color coding on the channels. I knew that the antenna I got (square shooter 2000) wouldn't be the best for CBS here in Chicago (3-1) but I only wish I wouldn't have waited 6 months to get the antenna. I had a zenith silver sensor outside and it worked pretty good until the neighbors rose bushes grew in the spring and overpowered it. So I put up the squareshooter and was just amazed by the difference. The rose bushes grew later in the summer so before the fall season, I moved the squareshooter up on our 3rd floor and have yet to be disappointed by that decision.

181 - 183 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.