TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
gquiring said:
I have been getting the blanks for sometime, but this past week the blanks have increased greatly.
me too.

i can't call directv, i wish i could though. :(

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
avdiscolo said:
I just noticed something today. I get the "blank outs" even when fast forwarding through a recorded show. If the "blank out" was only in the recorded show, I would expect the progress indicator to still be visible, but it wasn't. The entire picture went blank. This almost sounds like a video output problem to me now.

Do other people see entire picture "blank outs" when fast forwarding through a recorded show?

Anthony
i haven't noticed any while fast forwarding but i have during playback at normal speed.

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
good.deals said:
Everyone using HDMI? If so, what kind of TV do you have?
not everyone. i'm too scared to try it, i just don't feel it's worth the risk.

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
lol, the majority of the csr's are a complete joke.

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
could it be some kind of information overload then, Ragsy?

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
ntakidoo said:
I do actually get the HD locals in the 80s, that's the funny part. The woman in CS was very suprised that I got them, and started rambling about waivers and crap like that.

So she blamed the dropouts on the fact that I wasn't even supposed to be getting those channels in the first place.

Of course, I AM supposed to be getting them there - I pay for local channels too, so she's full of crap (surprise surprise).

The beautiful part is that yesterday while I was imputting season passes into my new machine, I experienced the dropouts as well. Not while watching a channel but while in the Tivo menu itself spelling out the name of a show I wanted to put on the list.

So in answer to the question about the progress bar going away, I gotta guess that yeah, the bar would go away too if everything else does, regardless of signal strength.

I'm going to call the Brain Trust at D* and see how they stumble through this one.

Wish me luck.... :cool:
i hope your going to go way up the ladder, ntakidoo, because otherwise you'll need a hell of a lot more than luck.

may the force be with you. :up:

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
Cudahy said:
Just did a test. We watched 10 minutes of the Olympics on 1080 - 6 blackouts; rewound it, no blackouts in SD. Then the surprise; rewound it and watched it in 720 - no blackouts!
Maybe we'll be able to watch HD in 720 without blackouts!
wtf :confused:

you rewound it, played it back in SD and there's no blackouts?

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
for what it's worth i watched a whole hockey game today in HD on CBC, a local network here, with no video OR audio dropouts at all via OTA with my HR10-250.

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
kquickle said:
Also, I ALWAYS get the audio and video "stutter" or "quick freeze" while watching live TV when I switch channels. Only when I change channels, though. Almost like the buffer is not starting soon enough and it needs to freeze for just a moment in order to "pick-up" that extra second to start the buffer. This is ALWAYS and CONSTANT - but also another topic!
i've had this from the get go too, kquickle.

it dosen't bother me though, unlike the dropouts afterwards.

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
sorry for going off topic, just a quick question for gquiring and Wirelezz.

i see you guys both have Panasonic plasma displays, what do you think about the TH-50PHD8UK i ordered online yesterday?

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
Wirelezz said:
The short answer: "You will love it!"

I have the TH-42PHD8UK, and the PQ is fantastic. For those who don't know, this series of Panny Plasma's are the commercial models, and are actually broadcast quality studio monitors. No speakers, no tuners. Perfect for a D* setup with surround sound where a built in tuner & speakers are wasted (they do have a built in audio amp & speaker outputs on the back). A very clean look with just the plasma screen surrounded by a thin black bezel.

<<CHECK IT OUT>>

Joe, if you plan on hooking your Panny up via HDMI, you will have to order a TY-FB7HM HDMI Card as these units only ship with component, AV, S-video & PC inputs. Also, if you go component, you will need BNC to RCA adapters (Radio Shack, $5.00 ea.) as the component inputs are BNC connectors.

Enjoy your new toy!!

--
Wirelezz
oh i will, thanks Wirelezz.

i ordered 3 BNC adapters because i'll be using component for now. the receiver i'm using doesn't have HDMI. (sammy TS-160)

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
Wirelezz said:
There has been a noticeable improvement of this problem in the last week, but it has not been entirely eliminated. The Winter Olympics were especially bad, and this was especially disappointing for me as I was motivated to purchase my HR10 and Panny Plasma mainly to watch the Olympics in HiDef. Perhaps the difficulties of broadcasting from Italy was a factor.
--
Wirelezz
how can that be, Wireless?

i remember perfect picture and audio coming from the moon in 1969. :rolleyes:

don't tell me the moon landing was a hoax! ;)

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
Wirelezz said:
HA HA! And the latest still photos from Mars ain't to shabby either!! :cool: :D

Say Joe, has your new Panny arrived yet?
it's arriving today as a matter of fact, Wireless.

it so happens i won't be going in to the office today. :)

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
Ragsy said:
Here's an interesting development. I watched the Oscars at a friends house who has a Hr10-250. We watched on West Coast Satellite Channel 87 ABC. My friend insisted to me in the past that he never had any issues with video blackouts or stuttering. The broadcast was filled with blackouts and stuttering and pixellation. I Tivoed it at home and had the same problem. So you would think we have a problem on the broadcast end of things. Another friend has cable and he watched in on Cable HD and said he had no video problems at all. He has Time Warner cable. That would imply that it is not a broadcast problem, but ???

Did anyone watch it on OTA HD? Were there problems on OTA?? The randomness of this video problem is what makes it so annoying. You just never know whether a show your watching will have no problem or be awful with stuttering, etc.
my daughter was watching the oscars on my new panny plasma which has an old sammy TS-160 receiver attached to it, NOT the tivo, and there was a hell of a lot of video dropouts.

this is clearly not a problem with the HR10-250 if you ask me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.