TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ragsy said:
I don't know what else it could be besides the broadcast since it appears on both OTA and Satellite at the same time.
I am trying to understand exactly what you mean by this statement.

Do you mean:
1) It occurs on OTA channels sometimes and also occurs on Satellite channels sometimes.
or
2) When it occurs, it happens on an OTA channel at the exact same instant I see it on a Satellite channel.

Also, is it the same broadcast that you get both via the Sat and OTA, perhaps if you live in NY or LA? Or are we talking about two different programs here?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ragsy said:
Chris:

What I meant is that very often when there is a video stutter or glitch or whatever you want to call it, it occurs at exactly the same moment on the OTA and Satellite broadcast of the Same show. For example, if I am watching a football game on OTA 7-1 (ABC) and also on ABC WEST Coast high def feed (87) on the two separate tuners, I see the exact same stutter at the same time. This does NOT occur if I am watching two different shows on the two tuners. If I am watching the football game on one tuner and the other tuner is recording a different show, it does NOT stutter at the same moment. This is what would lead one to believe the problem is in the broadcast rather than on my end . . .
Thanks for clarifying that. I agree, it is in the original broadcast (maybe your LA affiliate lost lock from the network?) and you get it in both OTA and Sat HD feed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.