TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Member
86 Posts
Last night while watching Crossing Jordan in HD my picture and sound went blank several times. It would come back for a while and then blank out again.

I finally switched to one of my SD Tivos to watch the end of the show. This is quite common on both of my HD Tivos.

·
Old Member
86 Posts
johnghill said:
Although this change eliminates all but the lowest resolution, that is all my old RCA MM5200 could do anyway. I hope this will help others with a similar problem.
What is the good of having a HD recorder if it only gets SD?

·
Old Member
86 Posts
The Olympics coverage last night had many of the blanks. I would go for a long time with no problem and then it might have 5 or 6 in a short time. Some of these were different than I have seen before, the picture would first go blocky before the picture blanked out.

I also watched the drag races on espn2HD last night and it didn't have any problems at all with blanking out.

·
Old Member
86 Posts
Last night I kept track of the dropouts while watching 1 hour of the Olympics on NBC, there were 5. Next I watched the Winternational drag races for 3 hours on espn2 HD and there were none.
Later I watched the next block of Olympics for about 3 hours and there were a bunch more, so many that I gave up counting. I think the main problem is NBC.

·
Old Member
86 Posts
The problem has been much less for the last couple of days on the Olympics until last night toward the end if the broadcast. The blanks started with alarming frequency when the ski jump coverage stared making the broadcast unwatchable. It cleared up after 10 or 15 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.