TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I just had my hd tivo replaced with a brand new one and i must have seen 20+ gliches during the broadcast of the grammys. I dont know if my last unit was a better one and am very frusterated..... I know people say its the feed on OTA as well but last night was the worst ive ever seen it. Im wondering if i should plug back in my old unit and send back the new one. These units are crappy but we have no options. I sure would like to hear from others who watched the grammy's last night. I live in orange county and also get the LA feed of local HDs.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have been dealing with this ever since I switched to HD and got a hd10-250 one month ago. I even got it replaced with a brand new box in the first few weeks of ownership and have the same damn problem...... I kinda am trying to ignore it, which is extremely dificult as I am a videophile and an audiophile with a beatiful new 60" Sony SXRD. At first I thought it was my signal strength, but it wasnt. Then I put a line conditioner on my RF lines coming from the dish and a power conditioner on my electrical: no results either. Then I came to the conclusion it was my box, and after a tedious 3 hours on the phone and a ****ing replacement unit I realized it wasn't my last box or my new box. Then I thought to myself it's the feed and this is one of the reasons we are switching over to mpeg-4 in mid-June b/c mpeg-2 is too much for D* to handle and it causes interruptions!!!! This is still quite possible. But my new theory is rich and I have some support to back it up.... It's all of our phase III triple LNB dishes. They have built in multiswitches that suck. If you don't have a tripple LNB oval dish I would love to hear from you but if you do, then face it its either the dish or the feed. Welcome to DirectTV folks. Mid-June they will change our boxes and dishes to HD20-250s and 5 LNB ovals...until then were fuct... Unless someone wants to have their multiswitch changed out (which is free). My friend had it done at his last home and says it did the trick, but he doesnt live there anymore so i cannot give a sworn testimony here (furthermore he now has a new new triple LNB dish and the same problem that brought us all here: blackouts). I think it is a design flaw in the multiswitch and chances are a replacement will be just as bad (I give you a 30% chance of a fix, given the current design, just guessing though). At any rate someone try it b/c it would definately be the next thing for us to all try.... Please respond to this and kick my thoughts around. dont run off and replace your hd10-250 it aint worth the trouble.... Although if you kick and scream to either retainment or a customer service manager they can and will discount your bill thru June or give you a free upgrade to be redeemed in June.... Good luck and may the force be with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Gambino

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.