TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker on this board. Got tons of good info from here, but I just felt like responding to this thread.
I have an HR10-250 as well, running fine for the most part (although slow as hell compared to the DirecTivo Series 2 that I have as well). Pretty much as long as I can remember, I've had the momentary picture blanking and hiccups in both video and sometimes audio as well.
It's just now getting to the point where it's becoming very annoying as either the frequency of the hiccups is increasing or I'm becoming more sensitive to them. In any case, it seems to be happening at random in pretty much any show we watch in HD. Our SD Tivo's do not have this problem, and rewinding and playing back the area around the hiccup repeats it as well, which would indicate it was a broadcasting issue.

Now, what I'm really curious about is if anyone that has HD cable has seen anything like this. I understand some of you have seen this happen with OTA signals as well. I can't really test this since I don't seem to be able to receive any of those reliably. And, does this only happen with the HR10-250 or is it something that happens with other DirecTV HD receivers as well? How about the people that are watching live TV using the new MPEG4 receivers? I'm just wondering if it's an incompatibility issue with the HR10-250 and the way it processes the MPEG2 signal...

Just in case you're wondering, I'm in southern NH and get all the national East Coast HD Feeds through DirecTV.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.