TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right after installing a new Directv HD DVR with Tivo, I experienced intermittent episodes of the picture going blank for a few seconds and with lines at the top of the screen, particularly during commercials. I also experienced recordings where the sound would intermittently go off. I called out a regular TV repairman, who was unable to tell exactly what was going on. After he left, I changed my connection from component to SVideo cable with two audio cables. Since I made that change, I have not had any problem with the picture going blank or with the lines at the top of the screen. It is too early to tell whether the recording problems are still there or not, but I have not yet heard a recording since the change that lost sound. Although this change eliminates all but the lowest resolution, that is all my old RCA MM5200 could do anyway. I hope this will help others with a similar problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.