TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
I too am having this problem with my HR10-250 connected to my Panasonic 50" plasma via HDMI cable.

I just posted about it on hidefforum.com, and someone suggested that I contact DirecTV for a software update - I'll do that to see what happens, but I thought I'd see if anyone else here had tried that?

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
stivovance said:
There aren't any software updates for the Hr10 yet. If you're running 3.1.5f you have the latest software.
You are correct. I just got off the phone with a person at "Tier 2 Customer Support" who informed me that

a) I have the latest software version for the HR10-250

but more importantly that

b) I should not be getting the HD west coast feeds in the first place, which is why I'm having problems.

I have a triple LNB and she said I need the 5 LNB

but the beautiful part is...

She said they currently don't have an HD receiver capable of receiving the local HD feeds anyway

???????

I said, so...what the hell am I paying for HD service for?? And she listed off the crappy bizarro channels where I can watch Knight Rider in HD (?).

She said if I get an OTA and if it has a good angle to the tower, then I might be able to get my HD locals that way.

I hate D* so very much. Constantly giving me conflicting information. When I called in the first place I was told all I needed was the receiver and everything would work perfectly. I hate them I hate them I hate them.

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
I do actually get the HD locals in the 80s, that's the funny part. The woman in CS was very suprised that I got them, and started rambling about waivers and crap like that.

So she blamed the dropouts on the fact that I wasn't even supposed to be getting those channels in the first place.

Of course, I AM supposed to be getting them there - I pay for local channels too, so she's full of crap (surprise surprise).

The beautiful part is that yesterday while I was imputting season passes into my new machine, I experienced the dropouts as well. Not while watching a channel but while in the Tivo menu itself spelling out the name of a show I wanted to put on the list.

So in answer to the question about the progress bar going away, I gotta guess that yeah, the bar would go away too if everything else does, regardless of signal strength.

I'm going to call the Brain Trust at D* and see how they stumble through this one.

Wish me luck.... :cool:

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
Hard to say, but it could be a coincidence.

Like I said, I'm now having the 1-2 seconds of blackness + silence when I'm not even watching the signal - all I'm doing is navigating the Tivo menu to set things up.

Great. Just great.

Hooked the whole system up to a UPS today, maybe that will help. <sigh>

:eek:

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
After reading this and similar threads on other forums, I feel like it's pretty safe to conclude that the problem is the HR10-250 itself. Something is just plain sick in its innerds.

Why?

Happens with HDMI
Happens with component
Happens with S-Video
Happens with various TVs/monitors
Happens with various dishes
Happens with various multi-switches
Happens when watching live TV
Happens when watching recorded programs
Happens when not watching anything, just navigating Tivo menus

Doesn't seem to happen when:

People use a different HD receiver
People use an OTA and a different box

And since they've phased this box out, they don't care, they never have, and there won't be a fix. All we can do is hope the HR20 is better (at least in terms of dropouts - we know it won't be better in terms of DVR interface...no Tivo!).

For what it's worth, I hooked up my whole system to a UPS and the problem diminished significantly. For now....

My $0.02, y'all.

:(

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
If only D* were trying as hard to determine the cause of our problems as we are...

:mad:

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
Okay, I know that it hasn't helped everyone, but for what it's worth, our dropouts diminished dramatically (although they did not disappear altogether) once we hooked everything up to the UPS.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

As for the rest of the issue...

Am I the only one who has seen the video dropout happen when NOT watching a live or recorded feed, but while navigating within the Tivo menu system?? Haven't heard anyone else mention this, but it has happened to me (pre-UPS).

Very curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Love my Tivo
18 Posts
So much for the UPS doing jack squat to help with the dropouts.

We couldn't watch the end of the Olympics last night either. Worst dropouts ever. Not too bummed about missing the ski jumping, but the fact that we couldn't see Apolo's interview was a big bummer for me. He's so dreeeeeamy... :p

In addition to the dropouts, our audio sync was out - anyone else see this too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.