TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss since this was working fine the other day and no settings (network or Tivo) have changed.

Tivo connects to my home network via a wired Linksys adapter to a wireless gaming adapter and downloads all the data just fine. It also makes use of Tivo server just fine and I can browse music and photos.

The problem is with the Tivo Desktop software. When I click "Pick Programs to Transfer", it will find my tivo and report that it is "Getting 1 of 8" programs and not load any of the data. I tried reinstalling, clearing the cache files and no dice. I tried browsing to the Tivo via a web browser, but after I enter the user name/password, again, it just stalls and doesn't bring anything up.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same setup (linksys wired to gaming adapter) and had the same problem yesterday. tivo Desktop was stuck on "11 of 16 shows". All I did was close Tivo Desktop and restart my computer and all was fine. I am not very computer savvy so I really don't have any recommendations; just giving you my experience.

By the way, the gaming adapter setup relly helps transfer shows from tivo to tivo or tivo to pc faster than realtime. It is a beautiful thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.