TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Kermie Loves Elmo
7,255 Posts
The Raffi/Seven kiss definitely surprised me. I didn't see it coming. It seemed like they just threw that in there for shock value. I saw the Raffi/Seven subplots as their buddy movie subplot not as a preliminary courtship.
Really? I did not take it that way. There was always an underlying tone of something more than friends. I had thought it was already out there that there was something between them, so it was not a shock at all to me. Plus, for me, its nice to see some representation.

· wait.. I did what?
15,535 Posts
Really? I did not take it that way. There was always an underlying tone of something more than friends. I had thought it was already out there that there was something between them, so it was not a shock at all to me. Plus, for me, its nice to see some representation.
Yes, at the end of Season 1 after much romantic subtext there was a shot of them holding hands and it was addressed outside as being what was intended, and there have been repeated scenes between them this season that to me were clear they were a couple.

· I am Groot!
59,034 Posts
Just a side note here... the belief of a omniscient entity of some sort is not just a christian belief. Both Buddhism and Hinduism also have 'all knowing' 'all universal' beliefs as well. Just sayin....
The difference is an all-powerful, all-knowing deity who created the universe (and thus created it to unfold exactly as he intended) yet still blames us for out actions (which are the actions he created us to perform).

It's a conundrum that has never been explained meaningfully to me...i.e., without hand-waving.

And that's the problem with Q...he can make things turn out the way he wants them to, but chooses not to. Cheesteak's and my point is that in a world without that religious underpinning, it would probably be questioned a lot more. But we're socially "programmed" to accept that logic...even if we don't share the religion, we still grew up in a world shaped by it and thus it doesn't seem as strange to us as it would to a disinterested outsider.

· Meh.
41,619 Posts
I guess my gaydar is defective. They just seemed like two friends who constantly disagreed and bickered about everything. If that's courtship, don't sign me up for that.

· Registered
2,878 Posts
Was the Wesley Crusher cameo a lead in for another Trek show?
I would watch that show in a second. Unlike basically the rest of the universe, I actually liked the Wesley Crusher character. I kind of doubt it though. Not only is there the afore mentioned nearly universal hatred of the Wesley Crusher character, my impression is that Wil Weaton isn't really interested in the time or emotional commitment of a series. He dealt with Some Stuff (TM) as a child actor that took him a long time to work through. But still, as I said up front, I'd watch that show for sure.

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I would watch that show in a second. Unlike basically the rest of the universe, I actually liked the Wesley Crusher character. I kind of doubt it though. Not only is there the afore mentioned nearly universal hatred of the Wesley Crusher character, my impression is that Wil Weaton isn't really interested in the time or emotional commitment of a series. He dealt with Some Stuff (TM) as a child actor that took him a long time to work through. But still, as I said up front, I'd watch that show for sure.
While I had the same impression about Weaton, my option changed when he started hosting The Ready Room for Paramount+:
"The Ready Room is a discussion show following each new episode of various Star Trek series on Paramount Plus. First Hosted by Naomi Kyle for a single season, then Hosted by Wil Wheaton for all other seasons, it offers behind the scenes insight into all aspects of production and features different guests each week."

In last week show he was absolutely giddy about his cameo and it sure seemed like he would be up for more.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
I think you just missed it. Theyve dropped hints a few times about them being in a relationship.

Jeri Ryan hasnt aged well. She looks like she smells like an ashtray.
I'd be glad to be 65 of 7 of 9 any day.

Actually Raffi is the one who looks aged to me. But she's not bad eye candy either.

Does this make me a lech in this day and age of Politically Correct where one can't even show admiration for someone's appearance without being chided?

· Time for a new Title
20,180 Posts
I lost interest this season around episode 3, but since many have said that this episode had a "Previously on Picard" that covered the important stuff, and it wrapped up the storyline, I went ahead and watched it. Not bad, but I think all I really enjoyed was the nostalgia (even if it didn't make a lot of sense). Q and Picard's final talk was very good (especially when Q told Picard to finish the sentence), the Khan tie in was fun, and seeing Wesley again was good. But those things also were kinda rubbish--maybe I missed something earlier but Q's "death/departure" felt like it was just stuck there to close out his story. Wesley's little sales pitch kept making me think he worked for Traveler's insurance--taking "The Traveler" title and turning it into some sort of TVA group was never what the Traveler was about.

I'm hoping Season 3 is more of a fun ride with the original crew, otherwise I'll probably wind up watching only 2-3 episodes of it, too.

· Registered
19,310 Posts
From that article:

The Raffi/Seven kiss definitely surprised me. I didn't see it coming. It seemed like they just threw that in there for shock value. I saw the Raffi/Seven subplots as their buddy movie subplot not as a preliminary courtship.

Q engineering the entire plot of this season simply to make Picard accept his past and to move on made little sense to me in retrospect. Q could have just snapped his fingers and achieved the same result. Even the unexpected result of Jurati becoming the Borg Queen and a potential Federation ally could have been accomplished with a snap of his fingers.
I guess you missed the earlier Rafi moments where she was talking to someone (I think it was Kore? ) about waning for "something more" with Seven.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts