TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I got the impression it was already starting to happen (as the Second Civil War), but wouldn't actually be called The Eugenics War until later...
Ok, that matches what I found on some Fandom pages, but the war to oust Khan (which was about Eugenics) ended in 1996 and that year Khan and is crew departure Earth. The other enhanced people of the time were either killed or confined. The Eugenics war aka Second civil war aka WWIII was (will be) in 2026.

Thinking about now I guess Soong might have lead or at least worked on the project that enhanced Khan and others in the 90's.

· Registered
1,844 Posts
All in all a pretty good ending. There were a few things that bothered me though.
#1: would Seven & Picard gave been assimilated given the new version of the Borg? I know this is a new timeline, but over the 400 years, when did changes take place? How would it affect 1st Contact and Data?

#2: This was a big one for me, why & how did a neurotoxin designed for humans affect a Romulan, a species that no one in this timeline was aware of. Q certainly didn't seem to be aware of Tallin/the observers, let alone she was a Romulan.

#3: Q's powers disappearing weren't explained, unless it was a sign of his dying.

It was good to see Wesley again, but his appearance was little more than fan service, and while it tied up a storyline, wasn't entirely necessary.

So now there's two characters not returning for next season. Rios & Jurati. Of the two, I will miss Agnes more.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Evan Evagora confirms he won't be back for Season 3

http://instagr.am/p/CdMO6AyB_OZ/
A hacker, a Listener, an admiral, a borg and an Alien all walk into an altered timeline and…I know I did similar joke already but I don’t care, season 2 is finished, here’s some bts. I won’t be back for the third season of Picard, so to quote a mediocre band “thanks for the memories” y’all know the rest! LLAP

· Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: #2, yeah, I also wondered that but figured maybe Romulan physiology was close enough? Maybe that's enough to explain it away?
Considering they're an offshoot of Vulcans, and have green blood (copper based I think) I find that unlikely.

· Registered
1,844 Posts
Then again, considering Vulcans and Humans can interbreed...

Yeah that always bothered me. We don't really know what it took for Sarek and Amanda to conceive Spock. I always thought it was some kind of in vitro fertilization. But who knows?

Here's an interesting review of the finale. I'm not sure if I agree with all of it, but there's some validity in it.

· Cat God
17,545 Posts
Yeah that always bothered me. We don't really know what it took for Sarek and Amanda to conceive Spock. I always thought it was some kind of in vitro fertilization. But who knows?
[/URL]
There was a TNG episode where it’s discovered that all species in the galaxy were seeded by an alien race and share some DNA. That somewhat explains why all aliens look similar and likely why they can interbreed.

· Registered
1,844 Posts
There was a TNG episode where it’s discovered that all species in the galaxy were seeded by an alien race and share some DNA. That somewhat explains why all aliens look similar and likely why they can interbreed.
I do remember that episode. But the science geek in me still doesn't like it.

· Series 3
27,122 Posts
#1: would Seven & Picard gave been assimilated given the new version of the Borg? I know this is a new timeline, but over the 400 years, when did changes take place? How would it affect 1st Contact and Data?

No, it's still the same timeline.

Like it or not, Q apparently set up a Pre-destination Paradox so everything that happened to Picard and Seven had to have happened, otherwise they couldn't have done what they did in the past.

The big change of course, is that Rios disappeared.
(Does this episode mean that Seven is the commanding officer of the Stargazer?

I am mildly curious if Temporal Investigations will be calling on Admiral Picard.

Also, we have seen Borg splinters before.
Lore and his group, Hugh and his group, the Unimatrix Zero Group, and the Cooperative Collective that Voyager ran into.

In spite of that, I did like the final scene with Q.
Not sure how I feel about Wesley and the Travelers being the people behind Gary Seven and crew.

· Cat God
17,545 Posts
No, it's still the same timeline.

Like it or not, Q apparently set up a Pre-destination Paradox so everything that happened to Picard and Seven had to have happened, otherwise they couldn't have done what they did in the past.

The big change of course, is that Rios disappeared.
(Does this episode mean that Seven is the commanding officer of the Stargazer?
I don’t like that Q simply willed a new timeline into existence and replaced the old one with the new one at the exact instance that the rift opened, but that seems to be what happened. Especially since Elenor never joined a ship crew, but suddenly he was an ensign on a ship.

Wasn’t it stated that the rift was a temporal one? It would make more sense if Jurati Queen wasn’t several hundred years old and had traveled from the past.

As for Rio he simply vanished. One of his crew asked where he was, but no one seemed too concerned he was missing not did they question when Picard made Seven captain (even though she’s not even in Starfleet).

Also, we have seen Borg splinters before.
Lore and his group, Hugh and his group, the Unimatrix Zero Group, and the Cooperative Collective that Voyager ran into.
Those were Borg drones. There’s never been a separate collective with its own queen. I don’t think there can be two queens, which makes me wonder what happened to the original Borg queen when Jurati queen made her way to the Delta quadrant.

· Series 3
27,122 Posts
I don’t like that Q simply willed a new timeline into existence and replaced the old one with the new one at the exact instance that the rift opened, but that seems to be what happened. Especially since Elenor never joined a ship crew, but suddenly he was an ensign on a ship.
Elnor was always on the Excelsior.
Raffi and he were discussing his posting to her in Episode 1.

Raffi was also on the Excelsior in Episode 1 but then Q whisked her to the alternate timeline as well.

Wasn’t it stated that the rift was a temporal one? It would make more sense if Jurati Queen wasn’t several hundred years old and had traveled from the past.
AgQueen may have done some time traveling herself but she still would have needed some time to build her own ship and collective.

As for Rio he simply vanished. One of his crew asked where he was, but no one seemed too concerned he was missing not did they question when Picard made Seven captain (even though she’s not even in Starfleet).
I guess the Stargazer crew didn't think much of Rios.

Those were Borg drones. There’s never been a separate collective with its own queen. I don’t think there can be two queens, which makes me wonder what happened to the original Borg queen when Jurati queen made her way to the Delta quadrant.
That we know of.
However multiple insect colonies often have their own queen.

I suspect that if AgQueen didn't time travel at all, she spent a lot of time laying low until after the Borg Queen was defeated (in the Voyager finale).

Or:

Miles O'Brien said:
I hate Temporal Mechanics.

· Meh.
41,619 Posts

Here's an interesting review of the finale. I'm not sure if I agree with all of it, but there's some validity in it.

From that article:
Back at Chateau Picard, the team prepares to live the rest of their lives in the 21st century. This includes Raffi and Seven kissing after an entire season of build-up.
The Raffi/Seven kiss definitely surprised me. I didn't see it coming. It seemed like they just threw that in there for shock value. I saw the Raffi/Seven subplots as their buddy movie subplot not as a preliminary courtship.

Q engineering the entire plot of this season simply to make Picard accept his past and to move on made little sense to me in retrospect. Q could have just snapped his fingers and achieved the same result. Even the unexpected result of Jurati becoming the Borg Queen and a potential Federation ally could have been accomplished with a snap of his fingers.

· I am Groot!
59,034 Posts
Q engineering the entire plot of this season simply to make Picard accept his past and to move on made little sense to me in retrospect. Q could have just snapped his fingers and achieved the same result. Even the unexpected result of Jurati becoming the Borg Queen and a potential Federation ally could have been accomplished with a snap of his fingers.
Well, let's be honest...in a society that largely accepts the Christian notion of an all-powerful, all-knowing God, that's pretty standard fare...

21 - 40 of 78 Posts