TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,901 Posts
The first several episodes were tough to get through, but this last one paid off.
I actually felt that S3:E1 and E2 were really good, esp. E2. Then, it seemed like the rest of the season was kinda up and down, but worse than E1 andE2.

Need to find some time to re-watch those two eps, esp. ep 2.

I totally didn't see it coming that Wesley would show up, but that was cool that thee was that reference to the traveler. With Tallin, at that sequence, at first, I was confused about how Renee said Picard by name then it finally made sense. I didn't realize that dying Renee was Tallin when she started stumbling.

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
Why did Tallin have romulan ears when she was dying? I thought she didn't have those earlier in the season.

Also I expected Laris to reveal that she was also Tallin? That whole thing didn't really mesh up to me, maybe I missed something.

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,901 Posts
Why did Tallin have romulan ears when she was dying? I thought she didn't have those earlier in the season.
She showed them briefly to Picard. She back then had to keep her ears covered.

Then, I noticed in this ep, they weren't pointy (I originally thought it was a goof), maybe due to whatever tech she used to alter her face.
Also I expected Laris to reveal that she was also Tallin? That whole thing didn't really mesh up to me, maybe I missed something.
AFAIK, they're not supposed to be the same person, just the same actress per an interview w/Orla. I think I'd read Interview: Orla Brady On Playing Two Characters And Bringing A Gary Seven Vibe To ‘Star Trek: Picard’ awhile back.

·
tabasco rules
15,941 Posts
the season wrapped nicely, tied (mostly) with a bow, and q is now gone...at least in this timeline...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
In the episode where she went into Picard's mind, she revealed to him that she is actually Romulan and uses a device to make her look human so she can blend in on 21st Century Earth. She also said that if she deactivates the device, it can't be restarted for 8 hours, so she had to cover her ears with her hair at that point.

In this episode, she must have used the device to alter her appearance to look like Renee, so when she was dying and turned the device off, she wasn't disguising her Romulan appearance.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
So now I guess season 3 will be about the Borg and that gateway that opened up.

But it's nice that everything got wrapped up. I hate hanging storyline threads. I guess it's because Picard was going to be ending in season 3 from the beginning so that's it, wrap it all up. I'm not objecting to it - given current world events (and even events that happened while it was filmed) and everything, a feel-good ending is something I want.

Edit: One thing I like to comment on is the music - it's nice to see the source material respected and re-used , especially key themes like the Borg theme

·
Now with flavor!
2,152 Posts
Edit: One thing I like to comment on is the music - it's nice to see the source material respected and re-used , especially key themes like the Borg theme
Was surprised to hear some First Contact theme as well. Even though I felt like a pavlovian dog when they used it.

·
Now with flavor!
2,152 Posts
Since they are now a nicer, friendlier Borg, it seems like a lot would have changed over 400 years. I wouldn’t think Seven would even exist at this point.
I've read it to be just a different variety of Borg. Juratii-Borg if you will, separate and distinct from Original Recipe Borg still in the Delta Quadrant. (no timeline conflicts- Locutus and Seven still went through their experiences) Juratti had 400 years to get to the DQ and back- but couldn't have absorbed the existing collective in that time, especially if assimilation is now elective instead of coerced.

Don't know what happened to Extra Crispy or Honey Mustard Borg.

The only thing that would have topped this episode would have been a scene with Wesley and Picard.
Only if Picard read him the riot act from "The First Duty" again.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,088 Posts
I really liked it. I liked how they gave Wesley a good ending. I also liked the final Q and Picard scenes.

Glad Legolas is back, too. :) (I can't remember his name)

Also the field commission for 7 to captain was a nice touch after her saying how Starfleet wouldn't make her a captain.

Has Patrick Stewart gotten smaller? He looked tiny next to Q.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts