TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if a show (for ex: CSI) starts 10 minutes late because of a football game or some presidential speech. Will the TIVO box realize this and start recording (and subsequently stop) at the correct times? This question applies to both if the TIVO box is connected via a phone line or a wired lan connection.

Sorry if this is a basic question, but a friend of mine has just gotten a Toshiba TIVO box and was asking me some questions which I couldn't answer to satisify him.

Hopefully someone here can help me out.
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I take your reply correctly ..
It doesn't matter if we are talking about Sunday night or .. umm .. Thursday noon.. or Wed. at 4 am.. .. if anything delays a shows start time.. I am pretty much out of luck .. I will most likely miss part of my show... correct?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
umm *trying to figure out a way to put this, without sounding rude*

Why not just go with the tivo basic package and basically use the tivo as a vcr. in other words .. manually set the start and stop time of a show? I mean what is the benefit of season pass then? sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but i was under the impression that the season pass solved the problem of trying to catch the entire season of 24 or what ever show you wanted to watch. (solved the problem, having the definition of, if a show changes time slots or gets delayed you will still see the show.)
--> most curious what your reply will be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.