TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about before.. but do i need a telephone line o go with my directivo that is already hooked up? only reasdon i have a land based phone line is for my tivo.. and does that go for the HDtivo as well..which im currently thinking about getting?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
m to the z said:
I know this has been talked about before
It has been. A lot!!

m to the z said:
but do i need a telephone line o go with my directivo that is already hooked up?
Only to activate software upgrades and order PPV via the remote.

m to the z said:
does that go for the HDtivo as well..which im currently thinking about getting?
Yes.

-Robert

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
and you can order ppv's online as opposed to the remote.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't know if it's different for the HD tivo, but I ordered Madagascar via the PPV HD channel without a phone connection. It hasn't been connected for three months.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
And you can order a few more PPV's via the remote until you reach a certain $$ limit on the access card. As soon as you connect it to a phone line, those PPV's will show up. In fact, I have a few on my GXCEBOT now but it hasn't called in 1,018 days.

-Robert

·
Lost in Big Bend
2,450 Posts
If you know it's been talked about before, why ask again? You should know the answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dkerr24 said:
If you know it's been talked about before, why ask again? You should know the answer.
because it's rarely answered in detail, infact i just asked this same question on another forum... there should be a huge in-depth sticky on this subject :p

i've been told previously that it nags about no phone line BTW. but how often, how many times a day/week? triggered by doing something? argh!

·
Registered
485 Posts
It nags once, then weekly, then daily. Some people have reported lockups if there are too many messages kept in the 'inbox.'

It is triggered by going into DirecTV Central.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts