TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about before.. but do i need a telephone line o go with my directivo that is already hooked up? only reasdon i have a land based phone line is for my tivo.. and does that go for the HDtivo as well..which im currently thinking about getting?

· Registered
1,100 Posts
m to the z said:
I know this has been talked about before
It has been. A lot!!

m to the z said:
but do i need a telephone line o go with my directivo that is already hooked up?
Only to activate software upgrades and order PPV via the remote.

m to the z said:
does that go for the HDtivo as well..which im currently thinking about getting?
Yes.

-Robert

· HR10-250 Lover
316 Posts
and you can order ppv's online as opposed to the remote.

· Registered
1,100 Posts
And you can order a few more PPV's via the remote until you reach a certain $$ limit on the access card. As soon as you connect it to a phone line, those PPV's will show up. In fact, I have a few on my GXCEBOT now but it hasn't called in 1,018 days.

-Robert

· Lost in Big Bend
1,512 Posts
If you know it's been talked about before, why ask again? You should know the answer.

· Registered
7 Posts
Dkerr24 said:
If you know it's been talked about before, why ask again? You should know the answer.
because it's rarely answered in detail, infact i just asked this same question on another forum... there should be a huge in-depth sticky on this subject :p

i've been told previously that it nags about no phone line BTW. but how often, how many times a day/week? triggered by doing something? argh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.