TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· TV MA SLV
21,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is great news.

From The Futon Critic.

UNTITLED AARON SORKIN/THOMAS SCHLAMME PROJECT (A.K.A. STUDIO 7 ON THE SUNSET STRIP) (NBC) - After weeks of on-again/off-again negotiations, Matthew Perry ("Friends") has signed on to topline the much-hyped Aaron Sorkin/Thomas Schlamme-produced series about the behind-the-scenes drama at a fictional long-running sketch-comedy series in the mold of "Saturday Night Live." He'll play Matt Albie, a former writer/co-executive producer for the show (and the ex of the show's major female cast member) who is asked back when its Lorne Michaels-esque producer quits. Also joining the cast is D.L. Hughley ("Weekends at the D.L.") as Simon Stiles, one of the sketch show's three stars. The pair join the previously cast Steven Weber who plays Jack Rudolph, the ambitious chairman of UBS, the fictional network that airs the show. Schlamme will direct the pilot from a script by Sorkin with each also serving as executive producers. NBC gave the Warner Bros. Television-based project a blind 13-episode commitment in October

I think D.L. Hughley is really funny too, mostly from appearances on Bill Maher.

Should be a great show.

-smak-

· Registered
550 Posts
Can this BE anymore awesome?

I like Matthew Perry. I hope this becomes a good, balanced show. If it's a drama, I hope they bring in more traditionally comedic actors to play dramatic roles.

· Don't stop believin'
19,916 Posts
jsmeeker said:
I thought Mathew Perry was really good in his short stint in The West Wing. I'm sure he'll do just as well in another Sorkin project.
"Life on Mars" is one of my favorite WW episodes. :up: Loved the interplay between Perry and the regular cast.

Jan

· Registered
317 Posts
After his stint on the West Wing, I knew he and Sorkin would be working together again. He really did well with Sorkin's style of writing, and I know he got good reviews too.

I second the "No Partying" sentiment, though!

Looking forward to Sorkin's next project. :D

· Broncos Faithful
5,868 Posts
I like this cast they have assembled thus far. Perry, Hughley, and Stephen Weber is a good foundation.

As stated above, Sorkin loves using actors he has used before. I hope maybe we see Joshua Malina, (Who is just great on WW) and Sabrina Lloyd, (Who is very nice to look at)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.