TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
time to emancipate
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my tivo a couple of days ago. I noticed today that it says Pending Restart somewhere in the System Info Settings. It does say it connected successfully but I was curious as to why it says Pending Restart.
Tivo is conncted phone line until my wireless G adapter arrives.
BTW I do recollect seeing a system reset or restart in the menus but have not tried it because I wanted to find out from someone here as to why it's needed.
thanks.

·
time to emancipate
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add.

I went online to sign up for the software upgrade here. not sure if that would matter, just wanted to point it out.
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pending Restart means the system downloaded a software update, and it needs to restart to activate the update. It restarts in the middle of the night when you are not recording something

·
time to emancipate
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sfo said:
Pending Restart means the system downloaded a software update, and it needs to restart to activate the update. It restarts in the middle of the night when you are not recording something
OK, thanks sfo. I was also confused because it said it's next attempt was ~11:00 pm last night and it had already connected ~10:00 AM earlier that day. I thought that it only connects once per day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts