TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to try and transfer video files directly from my PC to S2DT Tivo. However, my PC is not showing up in the Now Playing List. I can transfer Tivo to Tivo using desktop plus (I have two S2DT on my home network). I can play music and photos on the Tivo . The PC shows up in those Tivo applications just not in the now playing list. Is this a firewall setting or something I need to setup via the Tivo software?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that is it. I am trying to put my own video on the PC and transfer it to a Tivo. I get the video to be seen on the tivo desktop but my Tivo(s) never see the PC icon in the now playing list. I think the folder should be there regardless of whether it is empty or has a file in it.

·
No More TiVo :-(
10,772 Posts
dhoward said:
I think the folder should be there regardless of whether it is empty or has a file in it.
I don't think that's true. IIRC, your PC folder will only appear on your TiVo's NPL if your "My TiVo Recordings" folder contains at least one transfer-compatible file (i.e., a .tivo file or properly formatted MPEG-2 file).

dhoward said:
I can transfer Tivo to Tivo using desktop plus (I have two S2DT on my home network).
TiVo Desktop isn't involved in TiVo-to-TiVo transfers ... that's MRV (multi-room viewing).

Since you mentioned Plus, did you actually purchase a TiVo Desktop Plus key? What file types are you trying to transfer back?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, your right, that is MRV. Sorry. Yes I did purchase the key. I am trying wmv and mpg files for transfer. I have successfully used the desktop software to move files from my tivos to the PC and convert them to Ipod files. That direction works.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally made some headway. Curiousmark is correct. Until there is a valid file in the folder the TIVO cannot see the PC. I have been trying wmv and mpg. I When I tried a mov file it worked and I was able to download and view it on my TIVO. The other formats are listed as ok. Why will they not work? Is there a setting I am missing?

·
fgonzalez
1 Posts
Hello, everyone. I'm totally new to this community so, please forgive me if my questions are too dumb or out of order.
I have two S3 and my pocket video device is an Archos 604Wifi.
If I get a cheap S2, network it with my other S3's, and download TTG on the S2; Will I be able to download to my PC (or the Archos) the networked playlists or only the S2's?
Thank you very much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.