TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first of all, I want to say in advance thanks for all the help that you guys have given me already by me just browsing this forum.

But now down to the questions I have.

I have a tivo with the most current software on it. If I download the current version of the tivotogo software onto my computer and the videora tivo converter (videora is great, i use their software to convert video for my ipod video as well), will I be able to easily stream or put the converted videos from my computer onto the tivo?

My second question is does the video stream from the computer or does it have to transfer the actual file onto the tivo before I can watch it?

My third question is, what is this Galleon software that I see mentioned all over this thread? I googled it but couldnt find their official website, the only thing I did find was link to download the program. I want to read about this software before I downlaod it and install it to see if I really need it or not. So if somebody could just give me a link to a site that explains all about the galleon software that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for answering all of my noobish questions.

walk1355
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Videos on your computer must be converted to the proper Mpeg2 format to transfer to the TiVo if thay are not .tivo files.

The files get loaded onto the TiVo. They are not streamed.

Galleon is a rather nice replacement for the TiVo software and is what I use. The download link will take you to the site and explain what it does.
 

·
No More TiVo :-(
Joined
·
12,340 Posts
walk1355 said:
I have a tivo with the most current software on it. If I download the current version of the tivotogo software onto my computer and the videora tivo converter (videora is great, i use their software to convert video for my ipod video as well), will I be able to easily stream or put the converted videos from my computer onto the tivo?
Here is the official document on TiVo's support site that describes what file formats are supported for playback on your DVR:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv251080.htm?

I haven't used videora, but as long as it can convert a .tivo file into one of these supported formats, you should be good to go.

walk1355 said:
My second question is does the video stream from the computer or does it have to transfer the actual file onto the tivo before I can watch it?
It's kinda both ... the file is copied from your PC to the TiVo, but you can watch it while it is still copying.

walk1355 said:
My third question is, what is this Galleon software that I see mentioned all over this thread?
The official site is http://www.galleon.tv and it does a much better job of explaining what it is and what it does than I could here. I highly recommend it. :up: :up:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top