TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Party Down - Are We Having Fun Yet?

11K views 89 replies 25 participants last post by  cmontyburns 
#1 ·
Okay so by numerous suggestions and my new found love of Adam Scott as the straight man on Parks, I downloaded both seasons of Party Down. I just watched the first 3 episodes. I love it already. Between Adam, Jane Lynch, Lizzy Caplan and all the awesome guest spots from faces I recognize, it's great. Why again did this only last 2 seasons?? I wonder if I'll ever be able to see Ken Marino as this character though. All I can see (especially with Lynch in this too) is him poking a hotdog out of a bun like a penis. (from Role Models)

So far so good! :up:

#28 ·
#33 ·
How have I never even heard of Children's Hospital??
It and a similar show, NTSF:SD:SVU:: are on Adult Swim, which is late night Cartoon Network. Both are basically sketch shows, extreme parodies of their repective genres, and are very silly. Childrens Hospital was created and is written by Rob Corddry, formerly of The Daily Show, and NTSF:SD:SVU:: was created and is written by Paul Scheer, who also stars in The League. In addition to some of the cast members of Party Down, combined they star along with their creators, among others, Kate Mulgrew, Rebecca Romijn, Rob Riggle, Lake Bell, Malin Akerman, and Henry Winkler. They're only 12 minute long each, no commercials.

#41 ·
Because, you know, we have no new ideas! I watched a season of this, and while it was really funny to start, after awhile it became the same old every week. It's kind of how I look at "It's Always Sunny...." It was funny for about a year, and after that, it was just the same thing episode after episode.

#45 ·
Doing this revival and seeing the same characters* in this job 11/12 years later will be kinda depressing. However, new characters don't excite me either - this was kind of a murderer's row of talent the first time around. So...I have concerns.

*Do we want to find out that Henry didn't get the role he auditioned for in the finale? Especially since some of us may have fanwanked that role to be Ben on Parks and Recreation? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.