TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
Bump! Serious talks that there will be a 6-episode revival by the original creators. The NY Times goes so far as saying it's a go, no word on which actors will return.

'Party Down,' a Cult Hit, Is Getting a Revival on Starz

'Party Down' Revival in the Works at Starz
Because, you know, we have no new ideas! I watched a season of this, and while it was really funny to start, after awhile it became the same old every week. It's kind of how I look at "It's Always Sunny...." It was funny for about a year, and after that, it was just the same thing episode after episode.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Because, you know, we have no new ideas! I watched a season of this, and while it was really funny to start, after awhile it became the same old every week. It's kind of how I look at "It's Always Sunny...." It was funny for about a year, and after that, it was just the same thing episode after episode.
Different tastes. It had a different structure and feel from other comedies out at the same time. Clearly it's not for everybody.

I, personally, loved the series throughout its run and am happy that they're planning to have another 6.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
Different tastes. It had a different structure and feel from other comedies out at the same time. Clearly it's not for everybody.

I, personally, loved the series throughout its run and am happy that they're planning to have another 6.
I'm not saying it was bad. I thought the first season was actually really good. It just kind of got stale in the second. But still, we seem to be on a revival kick all of a sudden, and I just wonder if it's because of a lack of creativity, or maybe it's just a lack of enough new content to fill all of the new platforms coming out. I think there's truth to both.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I'm not saying it was bad. I thought the first season was actually really good. It just kind of got stale in the second. But still, we seem to be on a revival kick all of a sudden, and I just wonder if it's because of a lack of creativity, or maybe it's just a lack of enough new content to fill all of the new platforms coming out. I think there's truth to both.
It could be those things -- maybe Starz is trying to become more significant in this area and pad their library with more original content. But really it's that there's enough people who passionately feel the show's run was cut short and have been clamoring for a movie or some form of reunion. So, sure, the former may be why executives have green-lit this, but without the latter they'd move on and look for something else to fill the void.

·
With an "L"
4,245 Posts
Doing this revival and seeing the same characters* in this job 11/12 years later will be kinda depressing. However, new characters don't excite me either - this was kind of a murderer's row of talent the first time around. So...I have concerns.

*Do we want to find out that Henry didn't get the role he auditioned for in the finale? Especially since some of us may have fanwanked that role to be Ben on Parks and Recreation? :)

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It's kind of how I look at "It's Always Sunny...." It was funny for about a year, and after that, it was just the same thing episode after episode.
Wow really? This is my go to show to watch while I'm on the treadmill and there have been times, especially in later seasons, I've laughed so hard I had to pause my run. Two I can think of right off hand, when the gang dines out and Mac and Charlie are staring at each other across the restaurant. I'm not sure why that was so funny but I was almost in tears. The other I just watched was Charlie's songs when they were trying to win the bar awards. And then spitting on the crowd. I almost fell off. YMMV I guess!

·
All About Footwork
31,940 Posts
I remember very little about this show...Jane Lynch...someone with a very large, ahem, ...member...I remember it was very funny...I'm going to look for it and re-watch...

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Bump! Serious talks that there will be a 6-episode revival by the original creators. The NY Times goes so far as saying it's a go, no word on which actors will return.

'Party Down,' a Cult Hit, Is Getting a Revival on Starz

'Party Down' Revival in the Works at Starz
:eek::eek::eek: What does that mean?

ETA: It means they are back baby!
Party Down Season 3 Happening With Six Original Cast Members

I'm surprised you hadn't heard!
I'm a real dolt. Clearly I DID know this and just forgot. But at least my reactions are consistent. :D :D :D

·
All About Footwork
31,940 Posts
I'm a real dolt. Clearly I DID know this and just forgot. But at least my reactions are consistent. :D :D :D
Heck, are you sure you didn't already watch the new episodes?!

:D :p

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
It's a bummer that Lizzy Caplan won't be in it, but I'm excited nonetheless.
I love Megan but I did not love her character in this show so I would have much rather had Lizzy back than her. But beggars and all...... I'm just so happy we are getting more and wish it wasn't just a short season.

·
All About Footwork
31,940 Posts
Are we having fun yet?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts