TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Because, you know, we have no new ideas! I watched a season of this, and while it was really funny to start, after awhile it became the same old every week. It's kind of how I look at "It's Always Sunny...." It was funny for about a year, and after that, it was just the same thing episode after episode.
Different tastes. It had a different structure and feel from other comedies out at the same time. Clearly it's not for everybody.

I, personally, loved the series throughout its run and am happy that they're planning to have another 6.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I'm not saying it was bad. I thought the first season was actually really good. It just kind of got stale in the second. But still, we seem to be on a revival kick all of a sudden, and I just wonder if it's because of a lack of creativity, or maybe it's just a lack of enough new content to fill all of the new platforms coming out. I think there's truth to both.
It could be those things -- maybe Starz is trying to become more significant in this area and pad their library with more original content. But really it's that there's enough people who passionately feel the show's run was cut short and have been clamoring for a movie or some form of reunion. So, sure, the former may be why executives have green-lit this, but without the latter they'd move on and look for something else to fill the void.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts