TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a series 2 dtivo, which has been upgraded, seems to work fine, except the parental controls were set, how do I get around them, I don't care about losing the programming on there, but do mind losing the upgrade, it has a 120G HD now, so I presume letting it call in and so forth would be 'bad'. (don't recall what software he used, but says it doesn't need to call as it is set up now)

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
It would be best to start from scratch and apply a fresh unhacked image to it, then hack it afterwards, so you know what hacks are on there and how they work.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If a parent talk to the person you bought the TiVo from else lots of luck kid. :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
EBULKEN said:
I recently picked up a series 2 dtivo, which has been upgraded, seems to work fine, except the parental controls were set, how do I get around them, I don't care about losing the programming on there, but do mind losing the upgrade, it has a 120G HD now, so I presume letting it call in and so forth would be 'bad'. (don't recall what software he used, but says it doesn't need to call as it is set up now)
Kids out there might be looking at this thread so I'm not going to post it here.
PM me to find out how to find the code.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all set with the parental control issue,

but now there are 'missing' local channels, am I stuck or will the unit 'find' them from the nightly downloads eventually?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts