TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
6,856 Posts
So CBS just doesn't have older seasons of their TV shows anywhere? Do they fully rely on syndication then? What do the other major networks do?
CW has a deal with Netflix for most (all?) of their shows. NBC, Fox, & ABC are co-owners of Hulu so that's where their shows go.

CBS has All-Access, but I don't think they fully own the rights to all of their shows so if it's not fully CBS owned, they don't have all the episodes.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
I'm trying the commercial free version for a month (not a free trial - just trying it). I am also disappointed that the full catalog of
all the currently running shows is not there but we did get hooked into their original, The Good Fight (I never saw The Good Wife although my wife watched it).

One show where all the old seasons are included is Big Brother so I'm re-watching the first 2. I forgot how primitive season 1 was but do remember that viewers voted a houseguest out. I also forgot that Dr. Will was in season 2 (I thought it was a later season) so wanted to see that again as well. That season already more resembles the current version but still rather primitive.

I wonder if the older seasons of current shows are available when the season is over (as it is with BB). Any longer terms subscribers know?

I am disappointed that for $10 per month they don't have at least 5.1 audio. We may catch up on The Good Fight, cancel and re-subscribe and binge when the next season is available. We'll also see if any other originals interest us.
Big Brother: OTT was a version of the show made exclusively for CBS All Access. If you haven't seen it, it was made with the live feeds as the focus so comps/ceremonies are more basic than the summer series. (More similar to the old seasons). Also Will returned for All-Stars S7.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
I'm looking forward to Interrogation. If the first episode ropes me in, I might have to subscribe for a couple of months to get through it.
That does look interesting. The beginning of Picard overlapped with the ending of S2 of Tell Me a Story so I got caught up on it as well. I might skip a few months to get a backlog of Picard & Interrogation.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
Not for a free month or anything, but when I went to cancel my subscription yesterday, I was offered a 50% discount for two months. So I'm in for another two months at $5/month, Commercial Free (Monthly). :rolleyes:
I got that offer yesterday or the day before, but I declined and cancelled anyway. Today, they sent me an email with a code for a free month: HZWC1B

I don't know if that would work for everyone or not. It's not the usual generic coupon word.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
From Slickdeals, there's a new coupon code: FEAST

I was able to use it today to add another free month to my account. It's now showing Jan 15th, 2021 as my next billing date and despite it temporarily removing my last coupon, it never did charge my credit card.
This one worked! Earlier today, I received an e-mail with the code: TURKEY

I tried it but it didn't work.

· Registered
6,856 Posts
I've had that happen too, but the date has always bounced back to the later date on the expiration date. Their billing is a mess.

Slickdeals posted these two codes today --- FREESTREAM and BBOTTNOW

I can't try them because I don't have a place on the account page to add a coupon, but it might be worth a try.
I can't try yet either, but I'd be surprised if BBOTTNOW was a current code. BBOTT was a Big Brother spinoff that aired on CBSAA in 2016 and afaik, it has not been renewed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts