TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
40,679 Posts
I was checking things out last night. I noticed Nash Bridges was on there. I never watched the show. I decided I would watch the very first episode, for the hell of it.

What they've got going on is very odd. It had like 7 seasons. First season said they had 5 episodes. So, I thought it was one of those very short first seasons. Took me a minute to figure out, but they only had episodes 3, 4, 11, 12 and 13 of the first season. What is the point of that? I assume this is due to the show being in syndication somewhere, or something. Just seems pointless.

Looking at a lot of other shows, they only have episodes from recent seasons. I know this is because the show was sold to some other service, or again because of syndication. I'm just not interested in a service that has a show, but doesn't have every episode of that show.

40,679 Posts
JAG is like this too. They are missing quite a few episodes in each season, and Amazon is missing the same episodes as well. I wondered if it had to do with royalties to guest stars.
Oh, or maybe it is a music rights thing. Heard of other shows that have removed songs from a TV show for streaming, and replaced with some generic song. Maybe nobody cares about Nash Bridges enough to switch out songs.

40,679 Posts
I checked in yesterday around 4:00 pm central. Couldn't get it to play the live broadcast. Restarted my Apple TV and then it worked fine. I didn't actually watch the game, but did tune in 2-3 times to see what was going on. Worked fine each time.

40,679 Posts
I subscribed to CBS All Access thru Apple TV Channels, which also gave me a free sub to Showtime. I didn't have to do anything. Just went into the Apple TV app, picked the Paramount+ channel and that was that.

I went into my Apple subscriptions, and they did change the naming of the CBS AA/Showtime bundle to Paramount+/Showtime.

40,679 Posts
You might want to check the renewal pricing on that. I canceled that last month and up until yesterday I had the option to renew it at $9.99 a month.
After the change to Paramount+/Showtime that renewal price now shows $20.98 even though I still have Apple TV+, so it looks like the special pricing went away.

Edit:

Looks like you can keep that price as long as you don't cancel. If you cancel you can't get it back.

Still $9.99 for me.

40,679 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that one of the channels NOT included is the Paramount channel?
I guess I'm not familiar with the Paramount channel. I did hear complaints on a podcast about Showtime. That Paramount+ should be everything, including Showtime content. I do get that bundle by subscribing through Apple TV channels, but now I'm hearing about Paramount channel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts