TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12,632 Posts
We've been watching Star Trek Discovery through Amazon Prime and they seem to do a poor job of timing the commercials correctly. Usually they play a few seconds early, so when you come back from the commercial there's still a second or 2 of show that plays before where the break really should be.

Is this CBS All Access or because I'm accessing it through Amazon Prime?

Scott
Commercials?

· Registered
12,632 Posts
And it is REALLY ANNOYING. I have something that I clicked on by mistake, and it started playing. I killed it quickly, but not quick enough and it is now stuck on my list.
The only way I've found to rid something from "keep watching" is to let it finish. FF to near the end then play out.

It is beyond annoying.

· Registered
12,632 Posts
Even worse, if you exit the app (at least on the Fire Stick) without exiting the actual program first, then later when you re-enter the app, it happily continues playing the previously watched content, even if it's mid-commercial. This happened on the old CBS app as well.
I have a habit of exiting the program on all apps because my Plex app can act funky if I don't. But it shouldn't matter.

· Registered
12,632 Posts
Why are you people watching tru a badly product app when if you have access to amazon prime? Just to save a few bucks? I been using P+ with amazon and have no trouble with audio or PQ. The Amazon app could use improvements, but I am use to it.
I don't think you get everything that you get via paramount+ via Amazon prime. Like the daily show?

I have paramount+ free via another subscription. I ain't gonna pay for it via prime.

Nor am i having any technical issues other than the interface needs some work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts