TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Who me?
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[spoilers]
I just finished watching Pan's Labyrinth a few minutes ago. Man, what a movie! When the ending came, I started to question whether or not it was real what she was seeing or not. Up until the last 15 minutes I was fairly convinced that everything was real. But, in the end, when the wicked stepfather didn't see the faun, and then when she died on the edge of the gateway, I started to have doubts. However, they showed the resistance fighters seeing the chalk outline on the wall. Then, there was the mandrake root being burned in the fire which led immediately to her mother dieing.

Of course, a person could explain those away. Stress of dealing with her daughter and new husband and the root caused her mother to relapse. The chalk outline could have simply been an outline.

So, I don't know whether it was real or not. All I know is that poor girl had a miserable existence up until her death. I hope that she found happiness in the end.

It was a great movie, I gave it four stars on netflix. What do you guys think? Real or not? Did you even like it or did you hate it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.