TiVo Community Forum banner

Painkiller Jane 8/24/2007 (S01E18) "Jane 113"

1249 Views 21 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Jonathan_S
That was a twist I didn't see coming. I suppose I do wonder how so many varied neuros can come out of their trials aimed at making a self-repairing human, but it's probably not the most egregious concept this series has asked us to accept.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Poor Brian. Or maybe not! Hmmm, an army of self healing soldiers has possibilities.
At first I thought this was another clip show again led off by Andre so I stopped paying attention after Jane got kicked out of the building. I caught the part with the mannequins, er "soldiers" and the failed experiments but what happened to Brian? I wasn't paying attention when the head bad guy was asking Jane about him.

And why didn't Jane tell the rest of the team what she discovered? :confused:
smallwonder said:
At first I thought this was another clip show again led off by Andre so I stopped paying attention after Jane got kicked out of the building. I caught the part with the mannequins, er "soldiers" and the failed experiments but what happened to Brian? I wasn't paying attention when the head bad guy was asking Jane about him.

And why didn't Jane tell the rest of the team what she discovered? :confused:
Jane seems to have gone rogue.

At the end was a closeup on Brian, now hanging in the room with the other neuros.
dswallow said:
At the end was a closeup on Brian, now hanging in the room with the other neuros.
Ahhhh.... thanks. I saw the person hanging at the end but didn't recognize him. Don't know why I continue to muster any interest in this show seeing as how it's ending but since there's only a few left, it's no hardship.

I have to say that Kristanna's acting reached a high watermark of suckiness this ep.; she sounded like she was reading off cue cards - slowly.

Maybe SciFi will give us an early X-mas gift after this show ends and and start re-airing MST3K :)
So that really was Brian hanging there at the end? Didn't 100% recognize him with the baldness thing going on.

Why'd they inject Jane anyway? Because they felt like it?

This show really isn't all that bad. It's just super low budget. I don't think Kristanna's that bad of an actress, either. I might be nuts, though.
I think it sucks that the show has been cancelled, I kind of enjoy it. I guess they brainwashed Jane into thinking they are the good guys.
cheesesteak said:
I don't think Kristanna's that bad of an actress, either. I might be nuts, though.
She's not the worst; she just can't carry the show by herself which is what often ends up happening, particularly since the writing is so bad. She actually looks better when Connor has a bunch of lines - he makes her acting improve by comparison.

At least she had the good sense not to star in Bloodrayne 2. :up:
Fl_Gulfer said:
II guess they brainwashed Jane into thinking they are the good guys.
Yeah, but the brainwashing probably won't hold---it didn't in the "perfect town"...

What I don't get is how Riley could have missed that all these neuros they've been huntung participated in the same drug trial...and wouldn't that suggest that the people are all co-located in whatever mysterious city they live in...and that there are no neuros outside the city? Wouldn't that suggest that it wasn't a random genetic mutation causing the neuros?
When did they say the show was cancelled? I enjoy the show, it is not the greatest but it is easy to watch.
This show is still a bit better than Flash Gordon. :)
alxbrewer said:
When did they say the show was cancelled?
Google "painkiller jane canceled" for lots of articles
I read about five of those cancellation links and none of them said why it was being cancelled. I assume it's because of low ratings.
The ironic thing, of course, is that it's not being canceled, it's just not being renewed.

But that's a battle the English language seems to be losing, in the ever-expanding quest to merge words until in the end, I guess, there will be one noun for every thing, one verb for every action, one adjective for every description... :D
Rob Helmerichs said:
The ironic thing, of course, is that it's not being canceled, it's just not being renewed.
Ok, you caught me, but I did refer to it as being "Dresdened" in another thread for this very reason. :)
Rob Helmerichs said:

But that's a battle the English language seems to be losing, in the ever-expanding quest to merge words until in the end, I guess, there will be one noun for every thing, one verb for every action, one adjective for every description... :D
The smurf got smurfed by the smurfing smurfs. :D

This has finally hit some kind of stride, and now we're down to the last few. I sure hope it doesn't finish up in a cliff hanger.
pkscout said:
I know exactly what you mean.
Rob Helmerichs said:
until in the end, I guess, there will be one noun for every thing, one verb for every action, one adjective for every description... :D
+1

:D
Rob Helmerichs said:

I think we should call that helmeriching. :p :D
pkscout said:

This has finally hit some kind of stride, and now we're down to the last few. I sure hope it doesn't finish up in a cliff hanger.
Crap, I was just about to post something along those lines!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.